Port Canaveral Disembark, A Few Questions

mindy2

We are disembarking at 8 a.m. at Port Canaveral Jan/18. I have a car booked at National, Port Canaveral. Is there a shuttle from the Port to the car rental garage or do I have to take a cab? Next question is, how do you pay the tolls on the highway? I've never done this before so have no idea how that works.

One other question, looking for suggestions for something to do for the day. Our flight doesn't leave until 8 p.m. from Orlando. We will visit Kennedy Space Centre prior to embarking so looking for something else for myself and my sister.

Yes, the shuttles run continuously from the ship to the rental car building shown on the map below.

Enterprise-National-Alamo2.jpg

Rental-Car-Map.jpg

You can pay the tolls in cash - only $1 + $1 = $2 to the airport. Use quarters or use a manned (womanned?) station for change.

I suggest you go to Disney Springs from where you can explore Disney using water taxis and buses!

For more information, read The Guide To Disney Springs for Cruisers

be careful with the toll booths

in the part of FL you'll drive thru the roads have been adjusted for electronic toll collection and support driving 'straight thru' the collection point. The cash lanes look like an exit ..... when you see a toll approaching warning, STAY RIGHT

If you go the Disney Springs there will be additional tolls (and the amount varies by the route you take but under $10)

That you can use an attended lane and get change and receipt is 110% correct. And it is not unusual to see a significant queue at an attended lane (while an out of towner asks directions, or needs change for a $100) But sitting in the queue for that attended lane while watching the 'electron' lane zip by can make 3 minutes wait feel like 30. If you have quarters you can pay EXACT cash and see lil slowdown.

Note that National/Alamo/Enterprise has a very reasonable charge (IMO) for covering electronic toll collection: $4 per day plus cost of the tolls .... HINT HINT HINT