In Phillipburg from 12:30-7pm. Maho or Little Bay?

I thought my mind was made up about where to spend our day in St. Maarten. I am travelling with young kids, Age 6 & 9. Original plan was to go to Little Bay Beach (Behind Divi resort) and end the day with some shopping before heading back to the ship.

Come to find out now that we will be the only ship in port so we are considering Maho beach since apparently it is an absolute MUST DO.

Help me weigh out my options. I need some suggestions. Is Maho really worth it? I'm hearing mixed reviews.

I'm looking for a nice beach, soft sand, clear water & amazing views without the crazy over crowding. Also, restaurants near by to grab lunch is a MUST, as changing / restroom facilities.

• 2 weeks later...
I thought my mind was made up about where to spend our day in St. Maarten. I am travelling with young kids, Age 6 & 9. Original plan was to go to Little Bay Beach (Behind Divi resort) and end the day with some shopping before heading back to the ship.

Come to find out now that we will be the only ship in port so we are considering Maho beach since apparently it is an absolute MUST DO.

Help me weigh out my options. I need some suggestions. Is Maho really worth it? I'm hearing mixed reviews.

I'm looking for a nice beach, soft sand, clear water & amazing views without the crazy over crowding. Also, restaurants near by to grab lunch is a MUST, as changing / restroom facilities.

There are many reviews on both of these beaches. Do a search on this board for Divi beach, Divi Little Bay, and Little Bay and Maho.

I think that the biggest difference is that one is a relaxed beach day and one is more of an adventure day with a beach. Both have facilities that you are looking for.

As karysa alludes to, the two beaches are completely different experiences.

Maho is, indeed, a beach, but the reason to go there is for the planes and the bars/food.

Divi has a fine, not great beach and it has a place to buy drinks and food. It's cheaper to get to and you'd save a lot of time getting to and from.

Really, it's all about the planes.

gary

You could do both with your port time. Get off and taxi to Maho. Stay for an hour say 1:30-2:30 and taxi to Little Bay which is on the way back to the port. You should be there by 3:15. Stay for a couple of hours and taxi back to port.

Also if you like Maho just stay there.

You also could do Maho and Mullet ( you could walk in about 15 min from Maho) and just skip Little Bay.

With a 12:30-7 port time you have good options.