Flam Train Sold Out

Flam Train excursion from Eidjford was sold out before I was given the opportunity to sign up--so disappointed! Anyone else have this problem? Anyway I can do this or Norway in a Nutshell from Bergen and be on the ship by 6:00p.m.?

When I tried to book the train privately, it said tickets were sold out. However, I was able to book a ship excursion that included the train one-way and bus the other.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

When I tried to book the train privately, it said tickets were sold out. However, I was able to book a ship excursion that included the train one-way and bus the other.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The ship excursion was one way with a bus too but sold out immediately.

Have you checked the Norwegian Railways site, they have an allocation of tickets too

https://www.nsb.no/en/?gclid=CMuvnubiitMCFYoy0wodZb8BnQ

Thanks for the link--not sure how I would get to Flam from Eidjford and back. If I go from Bergen, that's my only day there and I would miss seeing it. the ship leaves at 6. Just wondering if others had this problem and how they handled it.

So sorry Viking1. I don't think the cruise line has done Eidfjord before so may not be much help out there.

A town vs an experience you can't get anywhere else. I'd go for the Nutshell if times work out. Also look on the Bergen web site for other idea.

Thanks for the link--not sure how I would get to Flam from Eidjford and back. If I go from Bergen, that's my only day there and I would miss seeing it. the ship leaves at 6. Just wondering if others had this problem and how they handled it.

Apologies, I hadn't paid attention properly, I thought your ship was in Flam. Hope you manage to fins some way around it.

So sorry Viking1. I don't think the cruise line has done Eidfjord before so may not be much help out there.

A town vs an experience you can't get anywhere else. I'd go for the Nutshell if times work out. Also look on the Bergen web site for other idea.

Norway in a Nutshell is what I really want to do but time is a factor. If I knew what I know now, I would have extended my time in Bergen for NIN and gone to Iceland at the end of the tour. Instead, we added Iceland pre-cruise.

Apologies, I hadn't paid attention properly, I thought your ship was in Flam. Hope you manage to fins some way around it.

Thanks. It's not looking good. I wish I had known all this when I signed up--hindsight is always 20/20!

Thanks. It's not looking good. I wish I had known all this when I signed up--hindsight is always 20/20!

Have you tried emailing both the local tourist offices, to see if they know of any local companies that offer a tour? Or you could look into hiring a car. I would also waitlist the excursion with the cruise line, if you can, maybe people might cancel.

info@visitflam.com

turistinfo@visiteidfjord.no

Have you tried emailing both the local tourist offices, to see if they know of any local companies that offer a tour? Or you could look into hiring a car. I would also waitlist the excursion with the cruise line, if you can, maybe people might cancel.

info@visitflam.com

turistinfo@visiteidfjord.no

Thank you for trying to help.I have checked with tourist sites and have put our names on the waiting list with Viking. We are not confident enough in our map skills to rent a car!

we are on the same sailing with the same problem. Very sad.....hate to miss this. it was our #1 excursion choice.

Out of all the excursions offered, this is the one I really wanted to do too! I understand that the cruise ships buy up most of the tickets ahead of time, and the train only has so many seats. In my opinion (which doesn't count!), the ship should stay there long enough for 2 excursions on this train instead of one. Are you on the ship now? What excursion are you doing instead? We chose the Voss to Geilo Bergen Railway since the views are supposed to be so beautiful.

I honestly don't know if they can help you, since you aren't docking in Flam but the people at www.fjordsafari.com really did a great job planning an excursion to a goat farm for my family in Flam. If it's too far for them to help you, maybe they would at least have some ideas or recommendations for a company that might be able to help you? We had that happen a couple of times in Norway, since not all of the tour companies offer private tours and they recommended other companies. Good luck - we were on the Flam railway last week, and it was amazing and I hope you are able to make it in some iteration that works for you.

I honestly don't know if they can help you, since you aren't docking in Flam but the people at www.fjordsafari.com really did a great job planning an excursion to a goat farm for my family in Flam. If it's too far for them to help you, maybe they would at least have some ideas or recommendations for a company that might be able to help you? We had that happen a couple of times in Norway, since not all of the tour companies offer private tours and they recommended other companies. Good luck - we were on the Flam railway last week, and it was amazing and I hope you are able to make it in some iteration that works for you.

Thank you!