Ft Lauderdale Transportation Questions

Jingerwoppy

Wife and I usually cruise out of Galveston but we have some airfare we need to use so we will be going on the Serenade out of Ft Lauderdale just after Thanksgiving. Since we probably need to arrive a day early (who knows what kind of flight delays there may be), I've been looking at the hotels around port but either their sites leave something to be desired or they don't offer the transportation service I'm looking for.

I'd like to find a hotel that will pick us up at the airport and then transport us to the ship terminal the next day. Don't mind paying a fee as long as it's reasonable.

Also, what service do you use to get to the airport from the port?

Thanks

Wife and I usually cruise out of Galveston but we have some airfare we need to use so we will be going on the Serenade out of Ft Lauderdale just after Thanksgiving. Since we probably need to arrive a day early (who knows what kind of flight delays there may be), I've been looking at the hotels around port but either their sites leave something to be desired or they don't offer the transportation service I'm looking for.

I'd like to find a hotel that will pick us up at the airport and then transport us to the ship terminal the next day. Don't mind paying a fee as long as it's reasonable.

Also, what service do you use to get to the airport from the port?

Thanks

Not aware of any hotel that picks up at FLL, at least we never used any. Also not aware of any hotel that offers transportation to the port but many contract with transportation companies that will transport you to the port, cost I believe is around $20. We use Uber from FLL to our hotel on 17th and to the port. Both ways is about $25-30 for a UberX. You can also Taxi or Lyft.

We also use Uber to FLL after the cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Airport to hotels near the port are all really close by 2-3 miles, port to the airport is less than 3 miles. With that said a cab or uber are you best bet. Several hotels have both airport pickup and then to the port. We like to stay around the 17th street area when cruising out of Ft. Lauderdale.

Springhill Suites, Dania Beach has free airport shuttle, free shuttle to the cruise terminal, free internet, and free breakfast. Shops and restaurants within walking distance.

We've stayed pre-cruise at Hyatt Pier 66 and Hilton Marina several times (including last week). No shuttle at either but We've used UberX and Uber Pool from FLL to hotel to Port to FLL.....fares were only $6 to $10 .+tip each way

Hyatt Place 17th St Convention Center hotel has a shuttle pickup every half hour. You will be charged $2 for two people. Very close to port. You can arrange a shuttle ride to the port for $7 pp or go by cab or Uber.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There are dozens of threads on the topic here.

There are a few hotels that have free shuttles. Double that number have shuttle with a fee. Taxi is the realistic other chice.

The fees are small. Taxi fees are small. It is commonly discussed here that taxis are very common, available and cheap. So the balance is...what is free, acceptable, or what has a small fee ( generally less than $20, or $8 or $9pp). In the big picture, the costs are really minor.

The summary is...you could get a hotel in a slightly less desirable location, or spend maybe $30 for transportation, and get a hotel in a better location, and pay for your transportation. People examine this with a microscope, but in the Ft Lauderdale area, you can be spending a lot of time splitting hairs.

Hyatt Place 17th St Convention Center hotel has a shuttle pickup every half hour. You will be charged $2 for two people. Very close to port. You can arrange a shuttle ride to the port for $7 pp or go by cab or Uber.

The Hyatt Place shuttle from FLL to the hotel is $2.00 per room regardless of how many are in the room.

We just stayed there and used the shuttle service last month.

I will also suggest Hyatt Place Convention on 17th Street, using valuetrips.com. As the above poster stated they have a shuttle service from the airport to the hotel for $2/room, shuttle from the hotel to the pier the next day for $7/person, free breakfast and is within walking distance of several restaurants and stores for last minute cruise items.

Using valuetrips you need to fill out the form on line and submit it, you should hear back within a week with your confirmation number provided you aren't choosing a date from their blackout list. Can't beat the price for this hotel using valuetrips, we just used them this past March and had a great experience.

Listen to Bruce! Uber from FLL to most of the popular hotels in the 17th street/downtown area will be about $10 and another $10 Uber will get you to Port Everglades the next day. Don't worry about free shuttles - stay where you want. www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and hotel info. Have a great cruise!

The Hyatt Place shuttle from FLL to the hotel is $2.00 per room regardless of how many are in the room.

We just stayed there and used the shuttle service last month.

Yes, I am aware of that, having stayed there six times.

I just assumed the OP would be a party of two.