Mahogany Bay to Tour Vans....transport.

mrsfuzzmo

We have a private tour with Rony's tours planned for our day in Roatan, docking at Mahogany Bay. One of our party does not have great mobility. I know there is a bit of a walk out of the cruise port, up and over a hill to where these tour companies pick you up.

Is there ANY kind of transport for people with mobility issues to take them to the waiting tour vans that are located outside of the cruise port?

I didn't see anything like that, but possible. Is your party member in a wheelchair? You might go to the Carnival website and email them your question, that is what I would do. It is not a super strenuous deal, not a huge hill, but there is all of the terminal to cross, plus a parking lot, then a flight of stairs to get up there. they may be able to get you a golf cart or something... be prepared for it to take a bit to get back to you, but they will.

Not to be a "Fun Sponge" but it could be a problem getting the person with mobility problems to the meeting place for the private tour.

Glad you're are addressing this now so you'll have time to find a solution.

Very easy to do. There are folks INSIDE The port area that will assist you getting to the gate area if that is needed. Once there, there are taxis that will take you up over the hill to meet up with Rony Tours. We just did this exact thing last week and have done it before a few times as well. It is $2 per person. Well worth it when travelling with those with special needs or even children.

To get back, Rony will drop you right off at the port entrance so no taxi needed for that.

Very easy to do. There are folks INSIDE The port area that will assist you getting to the gate area if that is needed. Once there, there are taxis that will take you up over the hill to meet up with Rony Tours. We just did this exact thing last week and have done it before a few times as well. It is $2 per person. Well worth it when travelling with those with special needs or even children.

To get back, Rony will drop you right off at the port entrance so no taxi needed for that.

Awesome! Thanks Brother I thought I'd read that in some trip report and glad to hear we can find something like this. My Mom can walk, but had heart issues and cannot do hills in the heat without sitting every 100 yards or so. This will be a big help.