Cannes Tender - Thinking of Private Tour

Brewster

Hi, has anybody had any experience with the Cannes Tendering process from the RCCL ships. We are thinking of booking a morning private tour. In my experience, those with tours booked with the ship tend to get preferential treatment in getting on one of the first tenders. Sailing on the Jewel of the Seas in July 2017. Just wondering if this is something I can feasibly do (not getting stuck for hours on the ship) or should I book the tour directly with the ship (would prefer not to since the private tour seems so much more appealing). Thanks.

Hi, has anybody had any experience with the Cannes Tendering process from the RCCL ships. We are thinking of booking a morning private tour. In my experience, those with tours booked with the ship tend to get preferential treatment in getting on one of the first tenders. Sailing on the Jewel of the Seas in July 2017. Just wondering if this is something I can feasibly do (not getting stuck for hours on the ship) or should I book the tour directly with the ship (would prefer not to since the private tour seems so much more appealing). Thanks.

Okay, regarding our tendering experience with RCCL in Cannes, we don't have frequent traveler status with Royal, and it was only Our 3rd trip with them. We had a private tour booked with 8 people who we met on cc roll calls. We knew we wanted to be in the first wave to leave the ship. Many in our party went down and waited in line extra early to be sure to get tender #1 or 2 tix. We ended up with #1, surprisingly. I do recall we were in line at least 30-45 minutes earlier than the posted tender ticket time, thank goodness, because that line was very long by the time they actually started dispensing tix.

Now, here is the interesting part. Since we had #1 tix, we got to board with those who had tours booked through RCCL. Four of our party were on that tender . The other family of four had #1 tix as well.

They didn't come on our tender, however, so we waited for them once we got to the dock in Cannes, and we waited and we waited, assuming the other tenders would be coming any minute.

Well, there was only one more tender boat that made it and they weren't on that one, either.

We all decided we just couldn't wait any longer, as we'd waited 45 mins already and needed to hit the road by 9:45, so off we went.

Had a fabulous private tour with So Nice Tours, and upon our return to the ship, we found the other party of four and asked what had happened to them. She informed us that she had run back to the cabin to get her sons and husband and couldn't find them, so decided they'd take boat two or three, well, there was some delay of some sort and they were refused admission n to tender two, and after that tender left, all other tendering was halted for another hour and a half!

Also, many others we were traveling with related how they were all delayed and couldn't disembark until well after 11:30 due to the horrendous backup from the morning .....

So rule of thumb, get down there early and leave early and don't delay it one second, since you never know what can happen.

Sadly, that lady and her party of four should have been on our first tender, and due to her family's dawdling, they never got to tour with us. Yes, we all had to pay double, but it was still one-half to one-third the cost of the ship's tour and we had a fantastic time [emoji2] ,

And there is absolutely no way I wood go in a ship's tour to the region .

Just the though of having to travel on a bus loaded with forty people and wasting time getting on and off makes me cringe. We got to tsilir our trip to our needs.

Premium riviera tours gets great reviews, too. We used So Nice Tours and enjoyed our guide a lot. Another couple in our party booked So Nice Tours. We went to Nice, the flower market for a couple hours in the morning and bought soaps and lavender and had a quick bite to eat, then trekked up to St Paul de Vence and spent a course I'd hours there in the afternoon before driving through Antibes on the way back to Cannes, arriving at 4:00 PM.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by 4cats4me

Thanks for the response and advice. It is much appreciated. I am a big planner so I will make sure to get down early to get to the 9:00 am tour/catch one of the first tenders We do have status with RCCL (Emerald) but not sure if this will make a difference since we just booked a regular balcony room for this cruise. Thanks again.

We tendered in Cannes (on NCL) not Royal, and were in one of the first tenders. We were in a suite, so we had priority. I would suggest that you do whatever you can to get off the ship as fast as possible, so as to not miss a minute of the fabulous French Riviera!

We had a private day tour planned with Ingrid of Kultours Private Tours.

Even though this was our third trip to the French Riviera, it might as well have been our first! We had the pleasure and good fortune to be in the skilled care of one of the best private tours we have ever been on. Ingrid, our witty, genuine, knowledgeable, and flexible tour guide crafted an itinerary that has our entire family repeatedly singing its praises. She was not only an expert driver, but she had an immediate intuition of what we would like based on our brief conversation at the beginning of the day.

We decided on a few changes after our first stop in Antibes, a lovely open air market, where we gathered a few items for the most surprisingly, picturesque picnic lunch we have ever had! Who needs a restaurant when you can dine on top of the world!

Ingrid recalculated the distance and time, so as to maximize our day. We were lucky enough to visit Monaco, Monte Carlo, Eze, St Paul de Vence, La Turbie and drive the Grand Prix Circuit, finishing in Cannes with plenty of time to shop and board our ship for our next destination.

If you are looking for a safe, intimate, fun day on the Riviera, that will have you cherishing the memories for years to come, we highly recommend you go with Ingrid and Kultours!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm glad you had a good experience with Liven Up. I would like others to know that we are having problems with them. We booked a tour but had to cancel (well before their deadline for a full refund) and though they promised to refund our $$, now they keep telling us they cannot get the refund to go through. They want us to send them our bank account information via unsecured email, which of course is not going to happen. It seems that the only way we are going to get our refund is to dispute the charge with our credit card company. Be wary if booking with them from the U.S......

Do you really need to take a tour of Cannes? The community is not very large and it is quite pedestrian friendly. If you like, you could also take a taxi to nearby Juan-les-Pins or Antibes. They are also nice places to visit.

http://travel-europe.ca/france/cannes.html

There is also a Petit Train (a jitney) that takes tourists all over the city for only a few Euros. Personally, we simply walk everywhere (when we are in town) of walk from the tender pier to train station (or rental car agency) and get out of town.

Hank

Just disembarked Jewel. They were calling tender numbers till 10:30 then it was open tendering.

Why do you need a tour..... just walk the beautiful streets, shop, watch the beautiful people and boats and cars, and have a superb lunch!?

058bca6c922548485d6d32af01caa061.jpg

795ee142d20b6f0318ccd0082569d0b4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

On the topic of tenders in Cannes, where do they leave pax once they dock in the city? We're probably going to make this a relaxing day and would be helpful to know where the tenders go in relation to the port (since it looks like there are several spots with yachts and other small boats). Thanks in advance!

On the topic of tenders in Cannes, where do they leave pax once they dock in the city? We're probably going to make this a relaxing day and would be helpful to know where the tenders go in relation to the port (since it looks like there are several spots with yachts and other small boats). Thanks in advance!

If you pull up a map of Cannes you will notice a small piece of land, at the left (east) side of the city) that juts out into the sea. That is called the Quai du Large. The tender dock is about the middle of this piece of land very close to the Parking Lot (which shows on Google Maps). It is a nice walk from that tender pier into the main tourist part of the town. As you walk along the Quai Saint Pierre there is a nice Marina on your right...and cafes/restaurants across the street.

Hank

• 4 months later...
We tendered in Cannes (on NCL) not Royal, and were in one of the first tenders. We were in a suite, so we had priority. I would suggest that you do whatever you can to get off the ship as fast as possible, so as to not miss a minute of the fabulous French Riviera!

We had a private day tour planned with Ingrid of Kultours Private Tours.

Even though this was our third trip to the French Riviera, it might as well have been our first! We had the pleasure and good fortune to be in the skilled care of one of the best private tours we have ever been on. Ingrid, our witty, genuine, knowledgeable, and flexible tour guide crafted an itinerary that has our entire family repeatedly singing its praises. She was not only an expert driver, but she had an immediate intuition of what we would like based on our brief conversation at the beginning of the day.

We decided on a few changes after our first stop in Antibes, a lovely open air market, where we gathered a few items for the most surprisingly, picturesque picnic lunch we have ever had! Who needs a restaurant when you can dine on top of the world!

Ingrid recalculated the distance and time, so as to maximize our day. We were lucky enough to visit Monaco, Monte Carlo, Eze, St Paul de Vence, La Turbie and drive the Grand Prix Circuit, finishing in Cannes with plenty of time to shop and board our ship for our next destination.

If you are looking for a safe, intimate, fun day on the Riviera, that will have you cherishing the memories for years to come, we highly recommend you go with Ingrid and Kultours!

Linny,

We are starting to do some research for our port stop in Cannes and wanted to find out if you remember which tour you do with Kultours? The 2 that sound like the one you may have taken is 1) The highlights of the French Riveria in 1 day or 2) France, Italy and Monaco, 3 Countries in 1 day

Thank you