Got Questions About MSC Meraviglia?

Editor Gina

Hi all,

Cruise Critic will be onboard MSC Meraviglia May 31 to June 4, for a sneak peek of the new ship -- which will kick off with cruises in Europe before coming to Miami 2019.

If there are any questions you have, or specific areas you'd like to see, you can start submitting requests now, and we'll do our best to honor them once we're on the ship. :)

We also will be posting live updates to our Facebook, Instagram and Twitter pages (make sure to 'follow' us!), as well as writing a couple news stories and a live blog on what to expect.

Stay tuned!

G

I would love to know what pastries/gelato/ice cream items are included with Yacht Club. Also pictures of the YC areas, including the cabins.

It would be great to see the Teen Club!

Lastly, I would love the see the specialty restaurants and menus, especially the Teppanyaki place.

Thank you!

We will be on board Jan 2018 and would love to see some pics of the duplex suites at the front of the ship. Especially the balcony configuration with what appears to be a glass wall angled up from the railing?

Our kids are interested in the teen lounge facilities and would also like to know how fast the wifi is?! :D

Hi Gina

Thanks for the offer. There is one nagging question on here that's not Meraviglia specific but, as I'll be boarding her on June 16th, it's something I'd love to know beforehand. How do the bar crew determine what drinks are included for YC guests outside of the enclave? Do they use the YC bar menu which differs from the regular ones in the rest of the ship?

Also, what menus will be offered to Black Card holders in Butcher's Cut and Kaito?

TIA!

Hi, we are boarding June 25 in Genoa, and are excited to see real pics as well... specifically the Yacht Club rooms (color schemes?) and any shops they have on board. Or even the menus in the restaurants.

I have another one: how much will the entrance fee be for the Cirque shows for those not interested in buying the inclusive cocktails or dinner packages?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

I don't think that is an option

Courtesy of 2017

© Copyright 2017 Seatrade UBM (UK) Ltd.

The Carousel Lounge was designed by MSC Cruises together with the architect Marco De Jorio to meet the specific needs of Cirque du Soleil including special rigging.

Each show will offer its own unique cocktail or dinner experience, with space for 120 guests to dine with the remainder enjoying the Cocktail & Show.

Onorato concluded, ‘We wanted to elevate the experience even further for our guests and for this we have worked hand in hand with the creative team from Cirque du Soleil to create the first Dinner & Show experience on our fleet.’

All detail from the table settings, the costumes, the music and visual effects through to the menus have been specially designed to complement each pre-show experience.

The dining experience will start one hour before the show performance begins with surprise animation from performers, live music, stylish table settings topped off with a table d'hôte three-course menu.

Other guests will be able enjoy a Cocktail & Show experience that will begin 30 minutes before the performance starts and will include a specially designed signature cocktail and treats.

Cirque du Soleil at Sea can be pre-booked by guests either before the cruise or once on board.

Places in the theatre are limited to 413 seats. The Dinner & Show will be charged at €35 and the Cocktail & Show for €15.

Pete

I don't think that is an option

Pete

Thanks Pete................. I'll be re-thinking doing the 2 shows, so. Having 2 evenings of Black Card Speciality Restaurant dining and 1 Cirque dinner with spectacle just leaves 4 nights of YC restaurant dining. We neither want another dinner & show, nor 1 with a cocktail supplied! Even if it is special and not available with the drinks package.

That's 1 question less for you, Gina!

Edited by Beamafar

Great questions/requests, so far! I'm taking notes.

Bea, Pete is correct. The cocktail and show is the "standard." If you don't wish to have a cocktail, you can sub it for a nonalcoholic or soft drink. Regardless of which option you choose, though, you'll be required to reserve a seat in advance (either before your cruise or on the ship).

Great questions/requests, so far! I'm taking notes.

Bea, Pete is correct. The cocktail and show is the "standard." If you don't wish to have a cocktail, you can sub it for a nonalcoholic or soft drink. Regardless of which option you choose, though, you'll be required to reserve a seat in advance (either before your cruise or on the ship).

Hi Gina ................I have already booked a 'dinner with spectacle' and, as I have drinks included in my cruise, I was hoping to see the second show without having to pay for either a meal or a drink as part of the entrance fee. Looks like I'll either have to, now, or forgo seeing one of the shows.

Thanks for your response! Really looking forward to your upcoming report.

Hello, I would like to know if the Sportsbar will offer meals at no extra cost similar to what I've read happens on the Divina. I would also like to know if the 12 drink vouchers offered with the Fantastica package for USA cruisers will be extended to Fantastica cruisers from other areas of the world on the new MSC cruise ships.

Hi, I have the Royal Suite booked for Easter 2018 as a wedding anniversary surprise for my wife - I would love to get a sneek peak preview if possible and of teh whole Yacht Club area as well. Thanks in advance !

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Would be very nice if you check if there is one or two whirlpools on the Yacht Club pooldeck. From the deckplans it seems to be only one. And I also wonder if the glassroof above the Yacht Club pooldeck can be opened?

Would also love to see photos from the new pianobar above the main pooldeck.

Thank's and have e great time onboard:)

Gina,

Thank you for the offer of the first glimpse of what looks like will be a beautiful ship. We will be sailing with MSC for the first time in March 18 and we have chose a YC Deluxe suite. Can you please get some pictures of one of them if possible. (Preferably 14014).

Let me know your opinion of the location of the cabin. It appears to be right in front of the elevator walkway which we don't like to be but it was the only cabin open at the time of booking for 3pp.

Enjoy your sneak peak and thank you for sharing your knowledge and pictures.

Bon Voyage

Djp

Hi Gina

We will be on the maidentrip, boarding in Le Havre. Could you check if the spa will be available from day 1? There is no possibility to book'right Now. Thanks for helping!

Sophie

I called today about the Cirque shows and was told you do not need to book the dining or cocktail for the shows and there is not cost for the show, just like a regular cruise. I hope this is true.

Sorry to have to burst your happiness bubble but you've been given duff info.

Cirque shows are NOT included in the cruise fare and are an added cost item.

this is from the online brochure

cirque.jpg

Pete

Hi Gina

We are boarding next month!

If you can take some pics of any of the suites with an angled balcony with the hot tub on the front of the ship that would be amazing.

Also pics of the thermal spa area and info on the spa. I have heard that there are some unusual features like an ice waterfall and any pics of menus would be great!

Thanking you in advance!

Hi Gina, we will be a group of 12 that will be crusing with MSC for the first time in July. I would like to know if there is a laundry/ironing room on board. Trying to figure out what clothes to pack. Your info so far has been a great help. Am anxiously awaiting the live stream later today.

Hi Gina, we will be a group of 12 that will be crusing with MSC for the first time in July. I would like to know if there is a laundry/ironing room on board. Trying to figure out what clothes to pack. Your info so far has been a great help. Am anxiously awaiting the live stream later today.

there are no laundry or ironing facilities for passengers to use other than the ship's laundry. they do have laundry packages available at a reasonable cost

laundry.jpg

Pete