Princess Grill aminites

cruiseman58

I have read much conflicting information about traveling in Princess Grill. We are booked on an Eastbound and Westbound transatlantic in June 2018. Can someone answer a few questions?

Will we get our requested table for 2 in the Grill?

Is there a mini bar in the Princess Suite?

Order off menu?

a la carte menu?

Special request dinners a day in advance.

Probably, yes.

Not certain about that, but if so the items have to be paid for. You will get complimentary water every day.

Order off menu?

The jury is out on this, some say yes, some say no. Not as much or as often as QG.

a la carte menu?

Yes.

See answer re ordering off menu.

Much as Gill said! We requested a table for 2 on QE, and got one near the entrance. The food and service were excellent, and we felt no need to go 'off menu'. As for booze, only the Pol Acker was free!

I have read much conflicting information about traveling in Princess Grill. We are booked on an Eastbound and Westbound transatlantic in June 2018. Can someone answer a few questions?

Order off menu?

a la carte menu?

1) I would say yes.

2) Yes. I Queens Grill all beverages ARE complimentary.

3) Not as much as they used to. Quite a few cutbacks..Even in Queens Grill.

4) Decent Al la Carte menu, though again not asc nice as Queens Grill. Much more willingness to venture off menu(Especially if Osman is on duty!)

5) Yes. This is where you most likely would ask for more difficult items.

Edited by keithm
additions

We just disembarked from a Princess Grill cabin on a QM2 TA. Left the ship 2 days ago. This was our second time in PG. The only free beverages in the cabin were Pol Acker and water. There was a semi-stocked refrigerator, but one has to pay for any of the beverages inside. We were told that it is not possible to order off menu in PG...this is consistent with the denial we received last year in PG. There is an ala carte menu from which one can choose one of about 5 additional main courses (traditional cruise ship fare like Dover sole) if one orders at lunch time for dinner the same day. We had to ask about this as no one ever came around to offer it to us at lunch time on any day. We had requested a table for 2 and were granted our order in a pleasant spot. We liked PG for the comfortable cabin size and will return to PG in October.

We just disembarked from a Princess Grill cabin on a QM2 TA. Left the ship 2 days ago. This was our second time in PG. The only free beverages in the cabin were Pol Acker and water. There was a semi-stocked refrigerator, but one has to pay for any of the beverages inside. We were told that it is not possible to order off menu in PG...this is consistent with the denial we received last year in PG. There is an ala carte menu from which one can choose one of about 5 additional main courses (traditional cruise ship fare like Dover sole) if one orders at lunch time for dinner the same day. We had to ask about this as no one ever came around to offer it to us at lunch time on any day. We had requested a table for 2 and were granted our order in a pleasant spot. We liked PG for the comfortable cabin size and will return to PG in October.

Re: A la Carte Menu

Have they recently changed the system? Last year on Queen Victoria in PG the a la carte menu was available in the evening along side the standard menu of the day. No need to order at lunch time. It was available every evening apart from, if I remember correctly, the first night and the evening of the Welcome party.

Re: A la Carte Menu

Have they recently changed the system? Last year on Queen Victoria in PG the a la carte menu was available in the evening along side the standard menu of the day. No need to order at lunch time. It was available every evening apart from, if I remember correctly, the first night and the evening of the Welcome party.

There may be a different system on the Victoria. I was on the QM2. There was not ala carte menu at night, just the standard main 5 main course selections plus Canyon Ranch. If you wanted to choose from the ala carte menu, you had to ask for it at lunch time to pre-order for dinner. And again no one ever came around to suggest that it was available.

It's very sad to hear these reports. We were spoilt rotten in PG on the QV in September 15. I can understand Cunard's business case for differentiating the products, but surely at some point PG becomes hugely devalued.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would like to be clear that we were not at all unhappy with our experience in our Princess Grill suite. We believe that we got value for our money because of our stateroom which was quite a bit larger and more comfortable than Britannia class. Dining was fine, although definitely not luxurious. Like others have suggested, we believe that Cunard is trying to differentiate dining in Queens Grill from dining in Princess by offering additional feature in Queens that are not available in Princess. We will return to Princess Grill class in October to enjoy a comfortable stateroom.