Largest Ship To Transit Canal

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:42 AM.
Florida
5,484 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Single cabins on ships are not all that common, while they can be found there are usually not that many of them and they go fast. IIRC HAL has some on some of their ships as well as NCL I believe have some... I don't know which ship/s however. Just an observation... the few times I have looked, the solo cabins are priced about the same as a passenger occupying a double cabin alone... sometimes even higher.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
BB
"If the phone doesn't ring, it's me!"
"Is it ignorance or is it apathy? ... I don't know and I don't care!"
S.S. Badger R/T from Manitowoc June 02
12 Posts
Joined Feb 2017
Bill, I want to Thank You for all your great advice about the Panama Canal, I booked Princess Island from LA in January, I don't know if I'll be going through the new locks,but I'm excited all the same. Thanks Elaine
Florida
5,484 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
You are very welcome, I think you have selected a fantastic itinerary! Actually the only part of the Canal you will not transit is Gatun Locks, but I am sure there will be some sort of excursion that will let you to visit Gatun Locks which will be nearby where the ship is anchored after the first half of your partial transit.

Since you will be on the Island unless there is some sort unpredictable circumstance, the Island will use the old locks. Right now the transit slots available for the larger ships to use the new locks are in demand, so if a ship can use the old locks it will.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
BB
"If the phone doesn't ring, it's me!"
"Is it ignorance or is it apathy? ... I don't know and I don't care!"
S.S. Badger R/T from Manitowoc June 02