Bed and Breakfast suggestions needed for Auckland and Sydney

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:29 PM.
Chatsworth, CA
122 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
We will be 2 nights each in Auckland and Sydney in November. Would like to look at B&B's that would be convenient to trains or metro's as we would prefer not to rent a car. Anyone have any suggestions of areas to start our search - - - or recommendations of a specific place?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Memories:
Holland (Noordam) New Zealand to Australia, November 6,2017
Royal Princess Mediterranean September 27, 2013
Holland; San Diego to Hawaii (RT) October 2009
RCCL Splendour of the Seas - Valparaiso to Santos - March 22, 2008
Celebrity Constellation - New England - September 27, 2007
Los Angeles to Ensenada: 4 times
Panama Canal - RCCL
Hawaiian Islands: 2 times - NCL
Alaska Inland Passage - HAL Noordam 1993
Amsterdam to Budapest via the Rhine/Main/Danube
Eastern Caribbean
Western Caribbean
Arlington, Virginia
2,623 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
My friends, family and I have all stayed at the Bed and Breakfast Sydney Harbour. My sister recommended it to me and I recommended it to a couple of good friends...and now I recommend it to you.

The B&B Sydney Harbour is located in The Rocks, which is an excellent location for sightseeing in Sydney.
kentucky
283 Posts
Joined May 2009
We stayed at Tara Guest House--right outside of Sydney. Area had many wonderful restaurants and was convenient to buses and trains. The owner picked us up at the airport, met with us every morning over wonderful breakfasts, and helped us with our plans for the day. If we ever return to Sydney, we will certainly stay there again!

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Sacramento, CA
1,287 Posts
Joined May 2003
I just booked the Ascot Parnell in Auckland for 3 nights. Great reviews on Trip Advisor. They'll even pick you up at the airport and are in walking distance of the harbour, downtown, the park and museums, etc. Plus they have free parking if you have a car, and public transportation is right at the corner, 2 minutes away.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
-- sherita

Read my travel blog: scluvsrain.blogspot.com

1997-Statendam-Alaska
2003-Noordam-Baltic
2004-Amsterdam-South America
2004-Zuiderdam-Eastern Caribbean
2004-Amsterdam-Seattle-Vancouver
2005-Westerdam-Transatlantic Ft Lauderdale/Rome
2007-Statendam-Hong Kong to Osaka
2008-Prinsendam-Celtic Kingdoms Cruise
2009-Oosterdam-Med Kngdms-Venice/Turkey/Greece
2013-Volendam - Singapore-Thailand-Vietnam-HK
2013-Zuiderdam-Pacific Coastal
2013-Eurodam-East Coast/Canada
2014-Eurodam-Viking Passage
2015-Westerdam - Seattle to Alaska
2015-Veendam - Boston to San Diego
2016-Zaandam - South America/Antarctica
2016-Westerdam - Circle Hawaii, Tahiti & Marquesas
2016-Maasdam - Alaska - 14 day R/T Seattle
2017-Amsterdam - WORLD CRUISE!!!!!
2017-Prinsendam - North Cape Explorer
2017 - Tauck River Cruise - Budapest to Amsterdam

2017 - Nieuw Amsterdam - Pacific Coastal - Vancouver to San Diego
2018 - Amsterdam - World Cruise segment - Auckland to Hong Kong
2018 - Veendam - 14 Day Boston - Bermuda - New England - Canada to Montreal (May)
2018 - Maasdam - 14 Day Alaskan Explorer R/T Seattle (July)
2018 - Prinsendam - 28 Day Rivers Holy Land and Ancient Kingdoms Explorer (September)
2018 - Koningsdam - 20 Day Best of Mediterranean - (October)
2019- Prinsendam - Grand South America & Antarctica
Gold Coast
9,834 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
Simpsons Boutique Hotel is a B&B at Potts Point, on bus route, walking distance to city through the Royal Botanical Gardens. Lively location with lots of excellent restaurants nearby.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Marion
Hurtigruten - Fram - 2014 - Ushuaia to Antarctica, via Falkland Islands and South Georgia Islands.
Princess - Ocean Princess - 2013 - Dover to Iceland and Norway, via Shetland and Faroe Islands.

Princess - Ocean Princess - 2012 - Singapore to Sydney
Fred Olsen Black Watch - 2012 - The Baltic, with Norway. Dover to St. Petersburg, via Kiel Canal.
Celebrity Century - 2011 - Auckland to Sydney

CTMA Vacancier - 2011 - Montreal to Magdalen Islands. Amtrak - Toronto to New York
MSC - Poesia - 2010 - Kiel, Germany to NY. Amtrak NY to Niagara Falls, VIA Rail Toronto to Vancouver
MSC - Lirica - 2008 - Genoa, Italy to Fort Lauderdale
Royal Caribbean - Rhapsody of the Seas - 2007 - Honolulu to Sydney
Rivers of Holland Cruise - 2003 - to Amsterdam
Alaskan Marine Highway - 2003 - to most Alaskan ports of call
Star Cruises - Superstar Leo - 2003 - Sydney to Darwin
Norwegian Coastal Voyage - Naruik - 2002 - Bergen to Kirkenes
Angelina Lauro - 1971 - Sydney to Perth. Indian Pacific - Perth to Sydney (Put me off cruising for 30 years!)

P & O - Chusan - 1970 - London to Brisbane, via Africa, India and Sri Lanka (Suez closed).
Chandris Lines - Queen Frederica - 1969 - Sydney to London, via Panama, New York and Rotterdam
237 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
Originally posted by MMDown Under
Simpsons Boutique Hotel is a B&B at Potts Point, on bus route, walking distance to city through the Royal Botanical Gardens. Lively location with lots of excellent restaurants nearby.
+1 for Simpsons Boutique Hotel. Really delightful nightlife and restaurants nearby. It is a bit of a walk to the Harbour though, but we enjoyed our stay.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Stockport, UK
109 Posts
Joined Aug 2005
Originally posted by scluvsrain
I just booked the Ascot Parnell in Auckland for 3 nights. Great reviews on Trip Advisor. They'll even pick you up at the airport and are in walking distance of the harbour, downtown, the park and museums, etc. Plus they have free parking if you have a car, and public transportation is right at the corner, 2 minutes away.
Another vote for the Ascot Parnell. A little while since we stayed there but the rooms and service were excellent. We walked into Auckland city centre each day if you want a little exercise, although parking and public transport readily available. Some nice restaurants nearby too.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Celebrity Equinox - Southern Caribbean
Celebrity Summit - Southern Caribbean
Sapphire Princess - SE Asia
Norwegian Epic - Western Mediterranean
Celebrity Millennium - Gems of Indonesia
Radiance OTS - Perth to Sydney
Celebrity Millennium - Gems of SE Asia
Celebrity Solstice - Mediterranean Venice
Celebrity Constellation - Exotic Caribbean (again)
Celebrity Silhouette - Eastern Med & Holy Land
Celebrity Constellation - Exotic Caribbean
Diamond Princess - NZ to Oz
Radiance of the Seas - B2B Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas - B2B Caribbean
Norwegian Jewel - B2B Caribbean
Brilliance of the Seas - Ultimate Caribbean
Navigator of the Seas - B2B Caribbean
Seawing - Eastern Med
Legend of the Seas - Western Med
Seaward - B2B Caribbean
Century - Eastern Caribbean
Gold Coast
9,834 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
Originally posted by rubyted
Another vote for the Ascot Parnell. A little while since we stayed there but the rooms and service were excellent. We walked into Auckland city centre each day if you want a little exercise, although parking and public transport readily available. Some nice restaurants nearby too.
Parnell is a lovely suburb, with nice shops and a beautiful rose garden.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Marion
Hurtigruten - Fram - 2014 - Ushuaia to Antarctica, via Falkland Islands and South Georgia Islands.
Princess - Ocean Princess - 2013 - Dover to Iceland and Norway, via Shetland and Faroe Islands.

Princess - Ocean Princess - 2012 - Singapore to Sydney
Fred Olsen Black Watch - 2012 - The Baltic, with Norway. Dover to St. Petersburg, via Kiel Canal.
Celebrity Century - 2011 - Auckland to Sydney

CTMA Vacancier - 2011 - Montreal to Magdalen Islands. Amtrak - Toronto to New York
MSC - Poesia - 2010 - Kiel, Germany to NY. Amtrak NY to Niagara Falls, VIA Rail Toronto to Vancouver
MSC - Lirica - 2008 - Genoa, Italy to Fort Lauderdale
Royal Caribbean - Rhapsody of the Seas - 2007 - Honolulu to Sydney
Rivers of Holland Cruise - 2003 - to Amsterdam
Alaskan Marine Highway - 2003 - to most Alaskan ports of call
Star Cruises - Superstar Leo - 2003 - Sydney to Darwin
Norwegian Coastal Voyage - Naruik - 2002 - Bergen to Kirkenes
Angelina Lauro - 1971 - Sydney to Perth. Indian Pacific - Perth to Sydney (Put me off cruising for 30 years!)

P & O - Chusan - 1970 - London to Brisbane, via Africa, India and Sri Lanka (Suez closed).
Chandris Lines - Queen Frederica - 1969 - Sydney to London, via Panama, New York and Rotterdam