Too cold first of may....to go snorkeling ?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:11 PM.
Lee's Summit MO
1,349 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
also would consider doing many other things, like renting a boat, besides spending much time beach and outdoors

Thanks!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Princess-Caribbean ABC Islands- 2017
RCCL Jewel of the Seas - Dec 14, 2013. & Feb 7, 2015.
NCL Sky, 2013
Carnival Miracle, 2012
HAL Eurodam, 2009
Carnival Glory, 2008
Carnival Sensation, 2007

They drove south one winter until they could stand outside with no coats on.......
and we never saw them again
Stone Ridge, NY
107 Posts
Joined May 2015
It depends what you are used to. Some people will say the ocean is too cold unless it's as warm as a sauna. I'm from NY and am used to cool fresh water lakes. We've been to Bermuda in mid May and thought the water was perfect!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Maryland
9,972 Posts
Joined Mar 2003
Originally posted by kcdancerkc
also would consider doing many other things, like renting a boat, besides spending much time beach and outdoors

Thanks!

May is too cool for me to snorkel.or swim. The water temperature is the issue. The air temperature will be pleasant, the outdoors will be fine. I tried snorkeling at Tobacco Bay near the end of May. Cruised to Bermuda twice in May. It might be different for you. Depends on what you are used to. Bermudians don't consider the beach season to begin until their May 24 holiday. Since I am a beach person I won't book in May anymore.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Charles