Wonderful Copenhagen 2017 edition.

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Northern Europe & Baltic Sea
Aarhus, Bergen, Copenhagen, Gdansk, Greenland, Helsinki, Oslo, Reykjavik, Riga, St. Petersburg, Stockholm, Tallinn
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:30 PM.
NY
678 Posts
Joined Mar 2013
Originally posted by Danish viking
I will find the contact info for the others, I hope Monday is okay with you.
I am very grateful, thank you. Monday is fine. It is ashamed that the first one doesn't accept credit cards.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NY
678 Posts
Joined Mar 2013
They asked me to mail them an international check now. ( you will receive an invoice and pay, as soon as you can, you have to pay before arrival.) I want to use a credit card but they said No Credit Cards!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Toronto, Canada
72 Posts
Joined Apr 2016
I have kids at age 2 and 4. From the Visit Copenhagen website, it says with the 24-hour bus ticket, each adult can take 2 kids of under age of12 for free. And I found that most places (except Tycho Brahe and Den Bla Planet) are free for my kids. So my question is, do I have to get City Pass or Copenhagen Card for them?

*Edit* Sorry, I should have done my research before posting. Found that City Pass let me take 2 kids under 12 for free, and Copenhagen Card let me take 2 kids under 10 for free
Køge, south of Copenhagen.
4,811 Posts
Joined May 2006
Originally posted by TravelingAPor
They asked me to mail them an international check now. ( you will receive an invoice and pay, as soon as you can, you have to pay before arrival.) I want to use a credit card but they said No Credit Cards!
But then you are putting up obstructions for yourself :-)

I don't know if its the same for the other companies will I will collect a few that you can choose from.
Jensen Beach, FL
11,759 Posts
Joined Oct 2004
Danish viking for 2 people traveling together can they buy 2 Cityipass on one phone? I ask because I see it's not recommended on the Citypass website, DW does not have a phone. We will always be traveling together.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Click to email Jim Click for Cruise list
RCI DIAMOND+,
CELEBRITY ELITE, PRINCESS ELITE , HAL ***, MSC BLACK CARD

4,811 Posts
Joined May 2006
As I read it its only if you split up that its handy to have separate tickets, as long as you stick together its shouldn't be a problem.
Jensen Beach, FL
11,759 Posts
Joined Oct 2004
As I read it its only if you split up that its handy to have separate tickets, as long as you stick together its shouldn't be a problem.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Click to email Jim Click for Cruise list
RCI DIAMOND+,
CELEBRITY ELITE, PRINCESS ELITE , HAL ***, MSC BLACK CARD

4,811 Posts
Joined May 2006
Adrian

http://adrian-bus.dk/

Lyngby Turistfart

http://www.lyngbyturistfart.dk/contact-us.html

Egon´s

http://www.coachincopenhagen.com/

Strøby Turist

http://stroebyturist.dk/

Holger Danske

http://www.holgerdanske.dk/

Edelskov Bus

http://www.edelskov.dk/Default.aspx?ID=285

And many many more
SoCal
2,312 Posts
Joined Aug 2004
Danish viking, first, thank you for your helpful responses.

Would it be easy to catch a taxi at the Nordhavn train station, around 1pm on a Thursday afternoon?
4,811 Posts
Joined May 2006
I think you have a better change at Nørreport because Nordhavn seems to be a more quiter area with very little traffic.

Østerport would be my next choice but its currently under reconstruction until 2019 so I think Nørreport is the safest choice,
Palm Springs, Calif
41,074 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
We have a cruise on the Serenade August 26, 2017 and we are not sure of which Port we will leave from but wanted to know what our best option is from the Hotel Bethel to the cruise port. I haven't checked with our Roll Call but we have around #40 staying there so am sure many will do their own transportation. Is Taxi the best for 2 people.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email: GLea472968 at aol dot com
Alternate : Lea dot [email protected] dot between the Lea&gaye
SoCal
2,312 Posts
Joined Aug 2004
I think you have a better change at Nørreport because Nordhavn seems to be a more quiter area with very little traffic.

Østerport would be my next choice but its currently under reconstruction until 2019 so I think Nørreport is the safest choice,
dank je!
South West MO
6,765 Posts
Joined Aug 2004
Grat news.

BC Hospitality Group that runs Crowne Plaza, Bella Sky (AC Hotel) and Marriott will run a shuttle between Oceankaj and the 3 hotels on 65 selected days during the cruise season.

Prices are 125 kroner for adults and 75 for childrens.

I will see if I can find more info about departures, travel time, what until what ages they are childrens etc etc.

Btw its the same company that runs a shuttle from the airport to their hotels.
We're at the AC Bella in Aug. Our cruise leaves from Langelinie (Quay 190). I assume we would be out of luck to take this shuttle? There are no ships at Oceankaj that day.

Also I believe there was a bit of discussion on the 2016 thread about the Copenhagen card and when it makes sense to get it and when it doesn't. Does anyone have a link to what part of the thread had that in it? I meant to save it and didn't.

Thanks for your tireless efforts here answering everyone's questions.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Coming Up
Oceania Marina Barcelona -Miami Pathway To Sunshine; Dec 3, 2017 14 night
Celebrity Solstice Alaska; Seattle-Seattle Jun 1, 2018 7 night
Oceania Marina, Amsterdam-Amsterdam Nordic Adventure; July 14, 2018 14 night

Past Cruises
"Enough to Know"
4,811 Posts
Joined May 2006
Originally posted by Desert Cruizers
We have a cruise on the Serenade August 26, 2017 and we are not sure of which Port we will leave from but wanted to know what our best option is from the Hotel Bethel to the cruise port. I haven't checked with our Roll Call but we have around #40 staying there so am sure many will do their own transportation. Is Taxi the best for 2 people.
Its Oceankaj.

The taxi is of course the easiest way but else you have 2 other options.

Take the metro to Nørreport from Kongens Nytorv and catch bus 25 from there.

Or

Take bus 26 from Kongens Nytorv to Østerport and catch bus 25 or 27 from there.
Remember to not use the first bus stop at Østerport but the second one.