AMA Paris & Normandy

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Unregistered, just back from your river cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
River Cruising
Find Others on Your River Cruise! River Cruising Roll Calls
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:57 PM.
Long Island, NY
6,348 Posts
Joined Apr 2000
The illumination is definitely worth seeing. Take advantage!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Got2Cruise
Planning the cruise is half the fun.
305 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
E316, Thank you for all your postings. The daily schedule seems both full and flexile. I am becoming excited for our sailing, but still have more than 3 months to wait.
I have a logistics question: you mentioned a shuttle from the Intercontinental Hotel. Is this an AMA shuttle and is it available to people who are staying at other hotels? If so, do you know if we can drop our luggage early in the day, do some sightseeing and then return for the shuttle? Do you know what time the shuttle leaves the hotel for the riverboat? We are hoping to maximize our time that day, and the hotel seems more convenient than taking a cab to the pier.
Please keep your reviews/photos coming - enjoying them.
Cheryl
Chicago,il
61 Posts
Joined Jul 2015
We did not stay at the Intercontinental but was going to the hotel just for the free shuttle. We were told that the hotel would not hold our luggage. Therefore when we got to the hotel we asked them to get us a taxi at our own expense to get to the pier. Once we boarded the boat they were happy to hold our luggage until our room was ready. While waiting some people did walk down to the Eiffel Tower or you could walk over to see the back of the Statue of Liberty.
Elyce

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chicago,il
61 Posts
Joined Jul 2015
Tuesday
We have met a lot of nice people on board.
Crew has been great!
Elyce

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NY
210 Posts
Joined Jun 2011
Originally posted by Got2Cruise
The illumination is definitely worth seeing. Take advantage!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Good to know! Sounds very nice!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
7 day NCL Dawn ~ 10/08
7 day Carnival Dream ~ 11/09
7 day NCL Epic~ 11/10
9 day Caribbean Princess ~ 7/11
12 day Celebrity Silhouette~ 11/11
14 day Celebrity Eclipse~ 11/12
7 day RCCL Oasis of the Seas~ 3/13
7 day RCCL Allure of the Seas ~ 8/13
7 day NCL Pride of America~ 11/13
7 day NCL Breakaway~ 5/14
9 day RCCL Quantum of the Seas ~ 4/15
7 day Fathom Adonia ~ 5/16
7 day MSC Divina (Yacht Club) ~ 12/16
7 day Amawaterways AmaLyra ~ 8/17
305 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
I hope you have had a great trip. Thanks for the information about the shuttle as well as your lovely photos and the peak the dailies give into what we can expect onboard and in the various ports. I am surprised by all the opportunities for daily fitness activities on the boat itself, a nice way to balance vacation food indulgence. I am looking forward to hearing more about your experience and impressions when you get a chance to share them. Have safe and uneventful travels home.
NY
210 Posts
Joined Jun 2011
Originally posted by ConnMom
I hope you have had a great trip. Thanks for the information about the shuttle as well as your lovely photos and the peak the dailies give into what we can expect onboard and in the various ports. I am surprised by all the opportunities for daily fitness activities on the boat itself, a nice way to balance vacation food indulgence. I am looking forward to hearing more about your experience and impressions when you get a chance to share them. Have safe and uneventful travels home.
I saw on FB that the fitness activities just started on AmaLyra.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
7 day NCL Dawn ~ 10/08
7 day Carnival Dream ~ 11/09
7 day NCL Epic~ 11/10
9 day Caribbean Princess ~ 7/11
12 day Celebrity Silhouette~ 11/11
14 day Celebrity Eclipse~ 11/12
7 day RCCL Oasis of the Seas~ 3/13
7 day RCCL Allure of the Seas ~ 8/13
7 day NCL Pride of America~ 11/13
7 day NCL Breakaway~ 5/14
9 day RCCL Quantum of the Seas ~ 4/15
7 day Fathom Adonia ~ 5/16
7 day MSC Divina (Yacht Club) ~ 12/16
7 day Amawaterways AmaLyra ~ 8/17
Long Island, NY
6,348 Posts
Joined Apr 2000
That's why making sure the ship will be docked "in" Paris and not an hour away is a deal breaker. Special memories you'll always have
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Got2Cruise
Planning the cruise is half the fun.