P&O v Princess Suites

Florry

Hi All, I have a big Birthday next year and decided to take advantage of the special offer Princess have today where you can book for £1 deposit. I have an aft Vista suite.

In doing so I've noticed that the suite prices seem to be about 25% higher than P&O, with more benefits. Do you think the standards are reflected in the price difference? I don't think the two night cruise I did provided a fair opportunity to measure the difference.

Also, I am booked on Sapphire Princess, I can't find many short, up to date reviews even on the Princess board and I wondered if anyone had experience of this ship and can make a general observation of the ship and in particular if any of the P&O ships have a similar feel in comparison.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What about things like quality of food and entertainment etc.? I have been in a Princess Suite but it was an upgrade and only a couple of nights so I didn't get to go in the MDR and I don't remember the buffet either. Thanks [emoji1360]

No Butler on Princess. You get to the Elite lounge. You have a separate dining room. Well it is the Club class dining room. Same menu as the other MDR's.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

You can order off the MDR menu to eat in your suite. If you want extra veg just ask. I prefer the food on Princess. On Sapphire there is a lovely covered pool.

They have solved that one. No veg at all.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Would you like to justify that statement.So you are telling us that if you order fish or meat that is all that is on the plate.

Would you like to justify that statement.So you are telling us that if you order fish or meat that is all that is on the plate.

No, you do get veg but not so much as p&o. It is more up market presentation. But if you want more veg just ask and they will bring you a bowl each evening.

Lighten up a bit Brian, I expect it was a jocular reference from Dai to indicate that Princess meals tend to be a bit lacking in the vegetable dept., at least for UK tastes.

The dish in question was a chicken and leek pie. It was in a bowl with a pie crust. No veg. No potatoes. It was one of Curtis Stone's.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

No, you do get veg but not so much as p&o. It is more up market presentation. But if you want more veg just ask and they will bring you a bowl each evening.

Sorry not true, well not on Crown recently. One meal was much better and one very poor. The rest were very similar to P&O only you got more meat and less veg. Now that suited me. I am not complaining about the lack of veg only stating facts.

Sorry not true, well not on Crown recently. One meal was much better and one very poor. The rest were very similar to P&O only you got more meat and less veg. Now that suited me. I am not complaining about the lack of veg only stating facts.

Don't agree. PandO every night a roast meat dish. Very little exotic dish. This is on world cruise on Arcadia. Princess has much better variety and better food. Arcadia did have good lunch courses.

Don't agree. PandO every night a roast meat dish. Very little exotic dish. This is on world cruise on Arcadia. Princess has much better variety and better food. Arcadia did have good lunch courses.

We will have to disagree. It is the difference between American cooking and British. What would you expect. The variety on the two lines was much the same.

We will have to disagree. It is the difference between American cooking and British. What would you expect. The variety on the two lines was much the same.

Yes that's right. Love them both. Have a cruise booked on Adonia and another on Sapphire. Can't wait.

Yes that's right. Love them both. Have a cruise booked on Adonia and another on Sapphire. Can't wait.

Well as you can see we have quite a number booked as it is right up until 2019. We were thinking of Sapphire but it does not appear to have an IC. What has it got instead?

Well as you can see we have quite a number booked as it is right up until 2019. We were thinking of Sapphire but it does not appear to have an IC. What has it got instead?

Yes unfortunately no International Cafe which is s great asset as open 24 hours with great food. Sapphire does have La Patisserie which has free pastries but food not as extensive as IC and not open 24 hours.

Princess is also more expensive due to the fall in the dollar exchange rate. You may pay pounds, but it is converted.

Ah yes never thought of that.... but for a £1 deposit I can always change my mind.

Yes unfortunately no International Cafe which is s great asset as open 24 hours with great food. Sapphire does have La Patisserie which has free pastries but food not as extensive as IC and not open 24 hours.

I thought I saw it now had one installed, I think it was on a You Tube video. Oh well....

Sorry misinformation. Sapphire now has International Cafe. Very good.

Lighten up a bit Brian, I expect it was a jocular reference from Dai to indicate that Princess meals tend to be a bit lacking in the vegetable dept., at least for UK tastes.
Hi,yes I realised that,but it could be misleading for anyone asking for comparisons.As someone has already said you can mix and match any veg on menu and get what you want.We tend to do that quite a lot.The best example was xmas day dinner in the middle of the South Atlantic.The turkey was an american concoction,but we supplemented brussels,roast spuds etc from other dishes to turn it into a British xmas dinner,lol.cheers,Brian.