taxi to 27 waterfalls Damajagua and time to see it?

crewsing with fam

Hi!

I was thinking about trying to do the whole falls (27). The only trip there that way is Iguana Mama that I know of. They charge $90 pp and there are three of us going. I had read if you go directly there on your own, the cost is $11 pp for guide and equipment, everything but lunch and photographer. I had also read that a taxi taken outside the Amber Cove port costs $60 r/t, with them waiting for you. I am not sure if that is for one person and/or if the price goes up per person? Also not sure if I'll have time. I don't know what time the falls close and how long it takes to see all of them? We get in at noon and leave at 8. Does anyone have any experience with this? If anyone knows about taxi cost and if what I read is correct and if it is for whole group or one person, I'd love to hear from you. Also, any advice about if you think we'd have time to do the whole falls would be appreciated. Also do you know if water shoes are ok, or should I go out and buy a cheap pair of sneakers for it? Do you know if at the falls they would take American dollars? The price on the website is is DR currency.

Thanks so much!

Cruising with fam on Carnival Conquest 3/12/17

Edited by crewsing with fam

• 4 months later...

Hi! I am heading there next month and wondering if you ended up doing this on your own or if you went with a tour company. If you did it on your own, can you please share your experience and prices?

Hi!

I was thinking about trying to do the whole falls (27). The only trip there that way is Iguana Mama that I know of. They charge $90 pp and there are three of us going. I had read if you go directly there on your own, the cost is $11 pp for guide and equipment, everything but lunch and photographer. I had also read that a taxi taken outside the Amber Cove port costs $60 r/t, with them waiting for you. I am not sure if that is for one person and/or if the price goes up per person? Also not sure if I'll have time. I don't know what time the falls close and how long it takes to see all of them? We get in at noon and leave at 8. Does anyone have any experience with this? If anyone knows about taxi cost and if what I read is correct and if it is for whole group or one person, I'd love to hear from you. Also, any advice about if you think we'd have time to do the whole falls would be appreciated. Also do you know if water shoes are ok, or should I go out and buy a cheap pair of sneakers for it? Do you know if at the falls they would take American dollars? The price on the website is is DR currency.

Thanks so much!

Cruising with fam on Carnival Conquest 3/12/17