Question on purchasing Tower of London tickets in advance

We'd like to visit the Tower of London on our trip next week, but aren't sure which day. On the Tower website you must select a date when purchasing tickets, but it says "Tickets are valid seven days from the date selected." So does that mean if you select tickets for Monday the 17th, for example, you can go any day up until the following Sunday? I think we'd like to go on Tuesday the 18th, but I'm wondering if selecting the 17th gives us the option of either day. Thanks for any clarification anyone can provide.

I would try and go as early in the day as you can or later in the afternoon as there will be long queues.

No don't go early. Go VERY early.

Seriously, be there shortly after the doors open and then go straight to the crown jewels. You will be able to walk straight in and take as much time as you want looking at them. An hour later there will be a significant queue.

Also every 30 minutes the Beefeaters do an excellent free one hour tour starting from the moat near the entrance. The tour gives you a good grounding in the history of the Tower and is very entertaining.

No don't go early. Go VERY early.

Seriously, be there shortly after the doors open and then go straight to the crown jewels. You will be able to walk straight in and take as much time as you want looking at them. An hour later there will be a significant queue.

Also every 30 minutes the Beefeaters do an excellent free one hour tour starting from the moat near the entrance. The tour gives you a good grounding in the history of the Tower and is very entertaining.

That's the plan :) That's why I was thinking Tuesday would be the day we'd most likely be able to get there early, as we'll be coming in Sunday evening.

I went to the Tower twice on visits to London back in the early 1990s. I don't know if it wasn't as popular then, but I know I strolled around the Crown Jewels with barely anyone there, and I didn't go in the early morning. Or perhaps I was just lucky those days!

It has been a few years since we were in London and toured the Tower. We had a great experience using London Walks. They have a website, walks.com, where they publish all their walks and days they are offered. I think they do the Tower on Wednesdays at 10:30, but it may change with the season. You don't have to book ahead. You just show up at the designated meeting location. Cost is 10 pounds plus a discounted admission price of 20 pounds for the Tower. Our guide was excellent. He was a barrister with knowledge of both British law and history.

We have done several walks with London Walks on different trips to London, including one of the British museum. They have a lot of options and we have always had excellent guides. Inexpensive and just have to pick your tour and head to the meeting spot. If there is admission cost with any tour it is always at a discounted rate.

Visited the Tower of London last week. Even though we prebooked tickets you still have to wait in line to trade the voucher in. The line moves quickly but it was looong. I think arriving as soon as it opens is the best bet. After you get through the gates you will see the sign posted for the time of the Beefeater Tour. You can decide to start with the tour or go to the Jewels first and then go back for the tour. Either way don't miss either. And for British Museum we arrived at 9:30 when it opened and walked right in. The Rick Steves guide on the app works perfect you see all the major pieces without wasting time. Then we visited the Bog Man.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Look into the 3-day London Pass! We got there just about 10 minutes after they opened (missed tube stop! LOL!), and we walked right into entrance line with the pass. Plus it has about another 50 places you can use it at, giving you some places where you skip the line. And like had been recommended, we walked right to the jewels. We had a little line going through it, but not to go in. Within another hour, there was a line outside the building.