Sloths in Roatan

ashdelmar

I have seen multiple posts recommending the tour with Rony's Tours that allows you to hold a sloth. I have looked at the website and am unable to locate the excursion that includes this. Can someone please direct me in the right direction?

Also, we are worried about going through a 3rd party tour guide and not making it back to the ship in time. Has anyone had any issues with this while using Rony's Tours?

Thank you in advance.

You won't have issues. You'll have plenty of time. We did Victor Bodden tours, same idea, but you can get a driver for the day as well. Had a blast and had the best driver, Ron. Was the highlight of our trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't spend one minute of your day worrying about getting back to the ship on time. Rony will closely monitor the time. Book his freestyle tour - it's the best option. You will have a private driver for the whole day. Tell him you want to go to Daniel's. That is where the sloths are. You can tell him in advance where you'd like to go or customize your day as you go - it's freestyle!. We've used Rony many times. You will have a fabulous day with him for sure!

• 2 weeks later...

We did Rony's freestyle tour a couple years ago. It was just 5 of us. * I would highly recommend. *

- The animals at Daniel's are awesome!! The sloth is amazing!

- He took us to a little local straw market along the way to buy t-shirts and souvenirs at 1/3 the cost of the prices by the cruise port. Plus you're high up on a hill for some good pics.

- We brought some toys / candy / school supplies for the local school-age children in his home village.

- The driver then took us to an amazing beach on West Bay.

We always book tours with local companies. Rony was very nice, and our driver and guide were wonderful.

See attachments for a few pics:

Daniel's Roatan pdf.pdf

West Bay Beach Roatan pdf.pdf

• 1 month later...

If you only want to see sloths, you can simply send a Facebook message to Daniel Johnson's and they will pick you up and return you to the port. You have plenty of time there. No worries about getting back. We loved the sloths and monkeys! Best pictures of our trip!