Disembarking in Civitavecchia

Teewells

Oh dear, he won't be happy but it makes my planning a lot easier. Thanks for your information, we would have been walking around in circles trying to find it wasting precious time.

Someone else with more knowledge will hopefully come along and either correct me or agree. I didn't see it last October when we were there.

We're looking for a shared shuttle service from Civi to Rome in December. Will Romashuttle charge you the cheaper shared rate if that's what you book, even if you wind up not sharing with anyone else? I contacted one company who said they would collect the full private transfer price even if we booked a shared shuttle, if no one else shows up to share. Didn't seem fair to me since we wouldn't know ahead of time.....I was wondering if that is common practice.

This was several years ago when I first contacted them but I was told at that time that I would get the shared shuttle price whether or not there were others. I've only used it twice myself (usually I take the train but had specific reasons), and both times we ended up with at least one other party, so I can't verify from real-world knowledge. I'd double check with them.

update- have followed your advise looking for private shuttle but once again all I have found wait between 15 - 30 mins only. Seems a bit unfair when at the airport they will wait up to an hour. Romashuttle replied 30 mins wait time. We have been on enough cruises to know delays happen. Guess one thing going for us is that no everyone will be disembarking some will be staying on to Genoa. I have emailed MSC and posted on the MSc thread. Roll call so far is only me!!!!

Have you tried Rome Cabs? http://www.romecabs.com/transferservice/civitavecchia/

We (and many others on c.c.) have found them to be extremely reliable and helpful.

A transfer from Civitavecchia to Rome for 5 persons is about €160. Not cheap, but good value for what you get! The driver will be waiting for you as you exit the terminal building and the vehicles are clean and reliable.

Try a booking with them, there is no upfront payment as you pay cash euros to the driver.

On Celebrity last month, I believe Independent Travelers could disembark as early as 6:30 or 7:00. I'm thinking 7:00. It took forever to get an elevator at 7:50. Normally we would take the stairs, but we had loads of luggage. I think you could possibly have a shuttle pick you up as early as 7:30, but I'd feel safer recommending 8:00. We used Civitivecchia Shuttle Express's shared shuttle service and would highly recommend it. The rep held a sign with our name right outside the terminal tent, we walked right to the minivan, boarded with one other family, and we were off to FCO. The drive took about 50 min on a Saturday, no traffic. Much less expensive than private car service but the same quality level.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks everyone for your help. i have booked a private shuttle, we will be dropped off at 2 different locations not far apart 5 people total 150 euro. Booked with Antonio & Sons. Communication was excellent and only 2 negative comments amid 26 pages of reviews on trip advisor, so I am very comfortable about my choice. Reading 26 pages in order to choose a shuttle is just a little OCD but I enjoy research!!!