Vancouver Hotel

Rambler5678

Looking for hotel recommendations for our pre-cruise stay. Clean and in safe neighborhood with places to eat near by. Will be flying in for our cruise. Like to pay no more than $300/night if possible.

We stayed at the Auberge Hotel which is attached to the Terminal City Club just 1 block from the Canada Place and Convention Center. Go to my review that I have going right now for our NCL Sun trip June 5-12. Perfect location for everything!

We stayed at a fabulous B&B called Barclay House. It's within walking distance of lots of dining choices on Robson Street and a taxi to the port is only CAD 10. I'd recommend The Forest Room for its size--bedroom, ensuite bathroom and sitting room. It will cost you much less than $300 per night.

Looking for hotel recommendations for our pre-cruise stay. Like to pay no more than $300/night if possible.
If you share which dates you need a hotel, we can provide better suggestions or last minute bargains.

I highly recommend the Auberge Vancouver Hotel. I got a discount through my work, so I do not know what it costs directly. We had a simply gorgeous view of the cruise ships and Mount Baker from our window. It was about 2 blocks from Canada Place. You can walk there. The breakfast that is included is not the best (pastries and hardboiled eggs), but there is a Starbucks across the street where we grabbed breakfast. We hope to stay there next summer also.

We just stayed at the Delta by Marriott Downtown. Shops and restaurants all right there. The port is 2 blocks away. Very nice remodeled room. They don't have an shuttle from the airport. We used the Skytrain for fun. Easy to find affordable. Enjoy your cruise.

Have you considered the Pan Pacific? Excellent location --- it is at Canada Place. The bell staff will pick up your luggage from your hotel room and deliver to the cruise terminal porters.

We also like Sutton Place.

Another vote for the Pan Pacific with a short elevator ride down to the terminal. It will also save taxi fare. There is an underground mall across the street with 26 shops (food, shoe repair, toiletries, clothing, etc) for low-priced meals and necessities.

Cruise lines may have hotel and transportation from the airport packages at a good price.

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed at the Pinnacle hotel - a few blocks from the ships but also cheaper than the hotels right at the pier. Our walk to the ship with luggage was very easy - maybe 15 minutes. Nice wide sidewalks etc. Since we were walking with luggage we did do a dry run the night before without luggage and that was helpful. Actually at the Pier it is not the most straightforward as to where you are supposed to go. You go down one level from the street level to board. There are elevators inside the hotel that is attached to the Pier, or there is a ramped sidewalk right next to the vehicle drive that goes down one level. It was helpful to check this out the night before.

This whole area near the water is very nice. You can't go wrong with any of the hotels likely.

How long are you staying? Have you any interest in AirBnB? As a family of 5, it has become our only option for travel. We have never had a bad experience! We love having more privacy and a kitchen (easy breakfasts! leftovers!). You get to feel more like a local! Can DEFINITELY be cheaper than a hotel!!! After our cruise we are staying in a 2 bedroom/2 bath condo in Seattle. It is cattycorner to the Four Seasons, at half the cost. Balcony with a view of the waterfront park and Great Wheel.

Edited by 1964IceCreamLady

We will be flying into Vancouver, I would like to fly in the day of our cruise, but I'm thinking it is safer to go the day before. That means we would be there July 3rd. Any suggestions would be welcome!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We stayed at the YWCA the night before our cruise. It was perfect for the night, clean, and private bath. Easy Skytrain ride to the cruise terminal, but a taxi would have been relatively cheap for door to door, too.

We stayed 3 nights post cruise in an AirB&B on the edge of the west end. We payed about $450 cd for the 3 nights. It was perfect for our needs, and we walked everywhere.

Hope this helps.

we would be there July 3rd. Any suggestions would be welcome
That is a weekday arrival. No major congestion expected at this time. Looking at booking.com in USD for two people. With nearly a year away.... some prices will go up and others will go down.

• $71 Barclay » check reviews online, elevator may be an issue
  • $200 Days Inn » check online reviews for potential issues
  • $230 Century Plaza
  • $255 Auberge » 3 blocks from cruise terminal
  • $315 Pinnacle Harbourfront » 5 blocks on cruise terminal
  • $316 Georgian Court
  • $325 Delta
  • $340 Marriott Pinnacle
  • $355 Shangri-La » great Robson neighborhood for shops and restaurants
  • $366 Westin Grand
  • $406 Sheraton Vancouver Wall Center
  • $414 Hyatt
  • $437 Westin Bayshore » fav for joggers who want to be close to Stanley Park
  • $477 Fairmont Vancouver
  • $493 Fairmont Waterfront » across the street from the cruise terminal
  • $508 Rosewood
  • $538 Four Seasons
  • $597 Fairmont Pacific Rim » 3 blocks from cruise terminal

I like the Barclay price, but Auberge offers good value for the location close to the cruise terminal.

You might want additional days to enjoy all the Vancouver activities.

• 3 weeks later...
That is a weekday arrival. No major congestion expected at this time. Looking at booking.com in USD for two people. With nearly a year away.... some prices will go up and others will go down.

•  
  • $71 Barclay » check reviews online, elevator may be an issue

• $200 Days Inn » check online reviews for potential issues

• $230 Century Plaza

• $255 Auberge » 3 blocks from cruise terminal

• $315 Pinnacle Harbourfront » 5 blocks on cruise terminal

• $316 Georgian Court

• $325 Delta

• $340 Marriott Pinnacle

• $355 Shangri-La » great Robson neighborhood for shops and restaurants

• $366 Westin Grand

• $406 Sheraton Vancouver Wall Center

• $414 Hyatt

• $437 Westin Bayshore » fav for joggers who want to be close to Stanley Park

• $477 Fairmont Vancouver

• $493 Fairmont Waterfront » across the street from the cruise terminal

• $508 Rosewood

• $538 Four Seasons

• $597 Fairmont Pacific Rim » 3 blocks from cruise terminal

I like the Barclay price, but Auberge offers good value for the location close to the cruise terminal.

You might want additional days to enjoy all the Vancouver activities.

Thank you for the info!

RCCL Navigator - March 2008 ️Carnival Inspiration - June 2008 ️Disney Magic - June 2009 ️Carnival Conquest - June 2010 ️Carnival Ecstasy - June 2011 ️ Carnival Magic - June 2014 ️RCCL Navigator - June 2015 ️Princess Coral - July 2018

Has anyone stayed at the NCL hotel - Holiday Inn Vancouver Airport Richmond? How far is this from downtown Vancouver and also the cruise pier? We have a year away so plenty of time to look around and check.

About 10 miles from both, as the pier is slap bang downtown. There's only one reason to stay at the airport - to save money. Even then it's a false economy unless you are happy taking public transit, as cabs are going to add about $80 a day from an airport hotel to downtown sightseeing and back.

Also, price all hotels independently to compare with cruiseline - I'd guess at least 95% of the time you'll save money. 'Included' transfers are overpriced here by a lot - a solo traveler would pay about the same in cab fare, a couple could take a towncar and 3+pax a limo! Factor in no more than $35 per car load to get from airport to any downtown hotel, and $15 for another cab to the pier as downtown is very compact, and remember all local prices are in CAD so about 25% cheaper for you...

Google Maps is your friend - just paste in potential hotel addresses and check for directions to Canada Place - our transit network is fully-integrated so you can see times/distances by car, bus, train, ferry, bike or walking just by clicking the different icons for mode of transportation. Most downtown hotels are about a mile from the pier or less with even the furthest handful less than 2 miles.

We will be flying into Vancouver, I would like to fly in the day of our cruise, but I'm thinking it is safer to go the day before. That means we would be there July 3rd. Any suggestions would be welcome!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We too would like to fly in the day of our cruise (July 13th) however, that scares me so it looks like we will fly in the day before also. I am interested in the hotel choices.

About 10 miles from both, as the pier is slap bang downtown. There's only one reason to stay at the airport - to save money. Even then it's a false economy unless you are happy taking public transit, as cabs are going to add about $80 a day from an airport hotel to downtown sightseeing and back.

Also, price all hotels independently to compare with cruiseline - I'd guess at least 95% of the time you'll save money. 'Included' transfers are overpriced here by a lot - a solo traveler would pay about the same in cab fare, a couple could take a towncar and 3+pax a limo! Factor in no more than $35 per car load to get from airport to any downtown hotel, and $15 for another cab to the pier as downtown is very compact, and remember all local prices are in CAD so about 25% cheaper for you...

Google Maps is your friend - just paste in potential hotel addresses and check for directions to Canada Place - our transit network is fully-integrated so you can see times/distances by car, bus, train, ferry, bike or walking just by clicking the different icons for mode of transportation. Most downtown hotels are about a mile from the pier or less with even the furthest handful less than 2 miles.

I will check this out

Your information sure helps me alot! I wondered about the airport hotel and listening to planes when we would much rather be downtown. I appreciate the Google Map friendship guide as I had not thought about this at all. we are Uber people in the states so transportation other than the cruise shuttle is our aim. Thanks again for all of your help.