Christmas Day in Antigua

cruisencrazy

Family of 4 with grown children want a beach day. We have been to several beaches there before but we are concerned about taxi/bus operations on Christmas Day. Would appreciate suggestions.

We're also there on Christmas Day and would welcome any tips etc. Which ship are you on?

We're also there on Christmas Day and would welcome any tips etc. Which ship are you on?

Hi Jenny! - If you have already been up to admire the views at Shirley Heights, and to the dockyard below, treat your gang to either the Excellence Circle Antigua boat trip or the Lobster Lunch Mystic catamaran trip.

Same company operates both. I have done both, and both are great fun and nicely done. I will be there in March, and will probably end up flipping a coin to decide between the two.

Hi Jenny! - If you have already been up to admire the views at Shirley Heights, and to the dockyard below, treat your gang to either the Excellence Circle Antigua boat trip or the Lobster Lunch Mystic catamaran trip.

Same company operates both. I have done both, and both are great fun and nicely done. I will be there in March, and will probably end up flipping a coin to decide between the two.

Hi Laurie,

Long time no speak :D. Hope you are well? This is our first time to Antigua so we're a little unsure what to do on Christmas Day? If Shirley Heights and the dockyard is a must, we'll take that option. Can you recommend any private tour operators to use?

We're also visiting Dominica, St Thomas, St Kitts and Barbados. Any pointers for any must sees would be great ;). Btw, you are correct, it is the full gang sailing again ;p.

We were in Antigua once on Christmas Day.

Took an excursion offered by the cruise line -- sailing catamaran.

When having a port stop on Christmas or New Years Day in any Caribbean port of call, we always booked through the cruise line. ;)

• 2 months later...
Celebrity Eclipse. Looks like there will be a few ships in port on Christmas Day then.

Actually there will be 5 ships in port Dec.25/17.

Regal, Crown & Caribbean Princess, Celebrity Eclipse and MSC Fantasia.

It will be VERY crowded!:eek:

Crown Princess....which one are you on?

Hi! Hubby and I are also on the Crown headed to the Caribbean and will be at Antigua on Christmas! Have you find anything helpful?

I am also wondering if anyone knows what kind of shape the islands and their people are in following the hurricanes.

Party of 5 adults will be on the Crown as well. I think I might look at the Lobster Lunch on the catamaran. Sounds like fun. We too are looking to relax. Cruisencrazy....while we've moved to Florida about 4 years ago, we are from West Chester....small world!!!