Video Recorder

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:57 PM.
UK
1,875 Posts
Joined Jun 2009
Worth taking? I'd still be carrying a digital camera and my phone, the latter so that I can put pics onto Facebook quickly. Thinking it might be just too much to shlep around. And besides, do people still use them?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises:
2017Eastbound T/A - Cunard. 2016 Westbound T/A - Cunard: Bahamas & Florida - NCL: 2015 Eastbound T/A - Cunard: 2014 Westbound T/A - Cunard: Norway/Iceland - P&O: 2013 Canary Islands - NCL: 2011 Eastbound T/A - Cunard: 2011 Southern T/A - Celebrity: 2011 Australasia - Princess: 2009 Australia/New Zealand - Royal Caribbean: 2005 Norway - Louis Line: 2004 Alaska - Celebrity: 2000 Eastern Caribbean - Royal Caribbean
71 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
I;m just taking my phone camera on my Panama Canal cruise this year. On my Norway cruise 2 years ago I took phone camera/digital camera and video camera. I don't know if I used my video camera at all. Using the other one was cumbersome and it would often tell me it "was exhausted" When looking at quality of photos I couldn't tell the difference. I've got lots of memory on my current phone so video should be fine just with it.
Northern California
55 Posts
Joined Jun 2012
Originally posted by babs135
Worth taking? I'd still be carrying a digital camera and my phone, the latter so that I can put pics onto Facebook quickly. Thinking it might be just too much to shlep around. And besides, do people still use them?
Hi, I take my video camera on every cruise, but especially on our Panama Canal cruise coming up. It's not large or heavy so that isn't problem. I also take a point and shoot and my wife takes the DSLR. I am concerned that I may not get a good spot on the bow when we are going through the locks, so I have a selfie stick that I will attach the digital movie camera to and hold it up over the people's heads in front of me.

Will
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

2006 R.C.I. Serenade of the Seas, Alaska
2008 Norwegian Pride of America, Hawaii
2009 Norwegian Star, Mexico
2011 R.C.I. Oasis of the Seas, Eastern Caribbean
2013 Celebrity Eclipse, Southern Caribbean
2017 Norwegian Dawn, Western Caribbean