Sunday morning church service to walk to from ship in port at Bridgetown, Barbados.

Crimson60

It looks as if we'll be in port at Bridgetown, Barbados on a Sunday. We'd like to attend a local Sunday morning church service, if possible, and wonder if anyone has been to one, easy to walk to, from where the ship docks at Bridgetown, Barbados.

It would be lovely to worship with local people there. There seem to be Anglican churches throughout Barbados although any Christian church would be good - particularly if easy to get to walking from where the ship docks, thank you.

The cathedral is a bit just over a mile from the dock - is that too far?

Thanks very much for replying, dsrdsrdsr. I'll keep the cathedral in mind, as we probably could walk the mile, and I'll check when the service may be on. I think we dock at about 10 am.

Thanks very much for replying, dsrdsrdsr. I'll keep the cathedral in mind, as we probably could walk the mile, and I'll check when the service may be on. I think we dock at about 10 am.

You wont even notice the mile, Barbados is so beautiful! And I think there's a chocolate factory on the route a well.

You wont even notice the mile, Barbados is so beautiful! And I think there's a chocolate factory on the route a well.

Oh thank you dsrdsrdsr - Sunday worship, beautiful surroundings AND a chocolate factory all sound so good!

Oh thank you koliviera45 - Sunday worship, beautiful surroundings AND a chocolate factory all sound so good!

..............Just checked, koliviera45 and, understandably, the chocolate factory is closed on a Sunday.

Edited by Crimson60

• 2 weeks later...

I would visit St. Michael's Cathedral which is downtown. I would allow 30 minutes on the walk. We walk along the water as we go into town and on our return we walk either on that side or the opposite side. Church originally built in the 1600's and was rebuilt in 1784 and then restored in 1831. It is thought that George Washington worshipped there.

DSC_5462.jpg

DSC_5460.jpg

Nearby is the Bridgetown Niche Israel Synagogue which was formed by Jews who left Brazil. It is one of the oldest Synagogues in all of North America.

P1000235.jpg

During your walk you can see the outside of the Parliament Building which was built n 1870.

DSC_5466.jpg

Keith

I would visit St. Michael's Cathedral which is downtown. I would allow 30 minutes on the walk. We walk along the water as we go into town and on our return we walk either on that side or the opposite side. Church originally built in the 1600's and was rebuilt in 1784 and then restored in 1831. It is thought that George Washington worshipped there.

DSC_5462.jpg

DSC_5460.jpg

Nearby is the Bridgetown Niche Israel Synagogue which was formed by Jews who left Brazil. It is one of the oldest Synagogues in all of North America.

P1000235.jpg

During your walk you can see the outside of the Parliament Building which was built n 1870.

DSC_5466.jpg

Keith

Thank you so much Keith. The photos are just great and I really appreciate them - and the helpful information too.

Crimson