any food at 3 p.m.?

2martinis

It sounds like you are flying into JFK on the embarkation day. Unless the ship is overnighting in NYC, you are gambling that your flights will not be cancelled or delayed, not a bet that I would want to make. We always plan to arrive a day before embarkation. It saves a lot of worry and anguish. For our first Viking cruise in December, we are paying the air deviation fee in order to be there early.

due to our air flights and transfers to ship from JFK we are assuming we will be aboard at about 3p.m. will there be any food available at that time? Since we will be flying from 5 a.m. till 1 p.m. by 3 it will be a little hungry.

Yes. Look for light fare in the Living Room Bar on Deck 1 and in Mamsen's on Deck 7. I can't remember if room service is available on embarkation day. There is also afternoon tea in Wintergarden at 4pm with tea, scones and finger sandwiches.

I know of one website that has published a complete set of the daily schedules for an Oct. 2016 cruise:

http://www.beyondships2.com/viking-star-daily-programs.html

Details may change, but it looks very similar to our most recent cruise, which was June 2017. On the back page, the hours for all dining locations are listed.

Thanks. This gives some good information that we haven't seen elsewhere and answered a couple of questions I was going to ask.