Burger King in London

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
British Isles/Western Europe
Amsterdam, Brugge, Dublin, Edinburgh, London (Dover, Harwich, Southampton)
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:20 PM.
London, England
3,463 Posts
Joined Jun 2011
Originally posted by orchestrapal
London has May many wonderful restaurants now including roughly 65 Michelin Stared Restaurants.
We rarely spend for those, with exception of the very reasonably priced lunches in many of them and still eat extremely well for the weeks of our visits.
Orchestrapal

If you are a frequent visitor to London and enjoy our restaurants take a look at a website - Catherine's Hot Dinners. It lists and reviews many new and just about to open, London restaurants.

Some of the more expensive restaurants have 'soft launches' where they offer 50% discounts just before they fully open to the public.

Basically, you are a guinea pig, but I have been to some excellent places that I possibly couldn't afford if I had to pay their normal prices. Great if you can go for lunch as it is easier to get a booking than for dinner.
London
22,104 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Originally posted by LondonTowner
Originally posted by 4774Papa
I think Britain gets a bad rap on its food. We find the food generally to be quite good.
There are some excellent restaurants in the UK these days with cuisine from every corners of the world.
Originally posted by orchestrapal
Originally posted by Charles4515
I think British food deserved a bad rap 40 years ago.
London has many wonderful restaurants now including roughly 65 Michelin Stared Restaurants.
The simple reality is that today, London is one of the food / eating capitals of the world.

In part this is due to some of the same factors that have reportedly led Samer Halimeh to open his flagship jewellery shop in London even though his company is based in New York: because of its status as the "billionaire capital of the world" and its easy accessibility for customers from Europe, Russia, the Middle East and India. Money comes here, money is spent here, and money is spent here by the people on whom it has been spent here.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
-
Australian spelling lesson: There is no 'U' in .-

“Cruise” review – ss Rotterdam (V), June 2013.

Dual-purpose HOHO buses available in London: functioning simultaneously as tourist traps and roadblocks.

Fascinating Aida tell us of the perils of Cheap Flights.

Netiquette: Have you watched this: Posting and you ...? And do you know How to Behave on an Internet Forum?
Thinking of starting a new thread? Have you searched for your answer already? Can you post to an existing thread?
Countdown clocks: How to set one up? Click here.
UPDATED: Princess Cruises ship designators - the current list here.
_
Wisconsin
252 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
In reading posts like this...it amazes me why people get so upset when someone wants to find a McDonalds or BK while traveling the world. Let the person eat whatever they want. It is their vacation...I also enjoy McDonalds and eat at one in every port we visit...so what...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

4&text=&ship=Norwegian Star[/IMG]
Maryland
10,311 Posts
Joined Mar 2003
Originally posted by GailnBrad
In reading posts like this...it amazes me why people get so upset when someone wants to find a McDonalds or BK while traveling the world. Let the person eat whatever they want. It is their vacation...I also enjoy McDonalds and eat at one in every port we visit...so what...

I was just in one in London. To use the bathroom....Fake food and unhealthy food is not my thing. But to each their own. Yuck.

The other person wanted to use them because they have food allergies. The problem is that making an assumption that the ingredients are the same in other countries as in your own could be a mistake.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Charles
Zürich / Switzerland
398 Posts
Joined Nov 2013
I know of course that it's no joking to have food alergies, but if I had to rely on BK or McDo I would rather kill myself. Of course I go to McDo as well, but maybe once on a trip and once or twice in a month at home if I have no other choice.

But London has so much to offer and part of the fun of travelling is tasting different food on every day;

I just stayed in London for 5 days and during my stay I've eaten just once in a McDo and the other meals I had
from Japan, China, Vietnam, Jamaica, India, Italy and Britain itself (your regular Fish and Chips)....
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cotswolds, UK
2,335 Posts
Joined Nov 2010
Originally posted by onyx007
I know of course that it's no joking to have food alergies, but if I had to rely on BK or McDo I would rather kill myself.

That is a remarkably insensitive thing to say to someone with serious food allergies. Not to put too fine a point on it, the OP probably asked the question because they were worried about killing themselves.

Fortunately they got some decent advice when they asked back in May...

Sent from my iPad using Forums