For those of you who like to buy souvenirs--Bermuda tip

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:53 PM.
780 Posts
Joined Mar 2008
Our guide, Dennis Hollis, suggested we take a look in the gift shop inside the lighthouse. He said their prices were good. So, not expecting much, we did so. We were surprised at the amount of things there, and also by the prices. When we checked them against those in the Dockyard, we found that on every occasion, the Dockyard prices were twice the light house's. So, if you are out by the lighthouse, go on in.
Point Richmond CA
4,644 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
Originally posted by GrandmaHofmann
Our guide, Dennis Hollis, suggested we take a look in the gift shop inside the lighthouse. He said their prices were good. So, not expecting much, we did so. We were surprised at the amount of things there, and also by the prices. When we checked them against those in the Dockyard, we found that on every occasion, the Dockyard prices were twice the light house's. So, if you are out by the lighthouse, go on in.

Best unique buys at the Lighthouse are Bermuda yacht ensigns.
The America's Cup store is now open at the Dockyard. IMO, the quality of the clothing is not as good as it was in San Francisco and the prices in Bermuda are outrageous.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Maryland
10,295 Posts
Joined Mar 2003
Originally posted by Flatbush Flyer
Best unique buys at the Lighthouse are Bermuda yacht ensigns.
The America's Cup store is now open at the Dockyard. IMO, the quality of the clothing is not as good as it was in San Francisco and the prices in Bermuda are outrageous.

I saw three official America's Cup stores last year with different branded merchandise. Two in the Dockyard and one in Hamilton. The one in Hamilton was Vintage Vines. I don't recall which brands were in the other two stores.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Charles
Maryland
10,295 Posts
Joined Mar 2003
Originally posted by NKLCRUISES
Where is the "lighthouse"?

Gibbs Lighthouse. It is on Lighthouse Rd. off of South Road. Not far from Horseshoe Beach. Great views from the top.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Charles
Point Richmond CA
4,644 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
Originally posted by Charles4515
I saw three official America's Cup stores last year with different branded merchandise. Two in the Dockyard and one in Hamilton. The one in Hamilton was Vintage Vines. I don't recall which brands were in the other two stores.

Interesting. I was just there last month. One store in the Dockyard - freestanding modular. When asked if any other stores were around, clerk answered "no."

17,484 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
Originally posted by NKLCRUISES
Can you take the #7 bus to Gibbs lighthouse?
Yes.
You have to walk up a bit of a hill to get from the bus stop to the lighthouse.
Chincoteague Island, VA. USA
329 Posts
Joined Feb 2002
Originally posted by GrandmaHofmann
Would you happen to have an email for Dennis? Would like to inquire about his availability for September 17! Thanks!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
%5BURL=https://www.cruisecritic.com/%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttps://clocks.cruisecritic.com/countdown.pl?image=Beach-10&name=bhanback&date=9-17-2017&text=Bermuda%20Bound!&ship=Carnival%20Pride%5 B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5D
%5BURL=https://www.cruisecritic.com/%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttps://clocks.cruisecritic.com/countdown.pl?image=Beach-8&name=bhanback&date=1-28-2018&text=Bahamas&ship=Carnival%20Pride%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5D
Paradise 12/01
Triumph 10/02
Victory 10/03
Valor 3/08
CARNIVAL PRIDE OCTOBER 18
Glory 10/10
Glory 10/11
Glory 6/12
Glory 10/12
Carnival Pride 10/14
Carnival Liberty 10/13
Liberty of the Seas 9/15
Carnival Pride April 2016
Carnival Magic March 2017
Carnival Pride September 2017
Carnival Pride January 2018
Cape Cod, MA
4,278 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
My favorite souvenir gift shop is Flying Colors in Hamilton. Get off the ferry, walk across the street and up Queen St, not far on the left. Lots of colored flags out front.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

1/20/19 - RC Freedom - Southern
3/4/17 - HAL Eurodam - Caribbean
12/11/16 - Celebrity Silouhette - Western
5/28/16 - Pride of America - Hawaii
4/2/16 - RC Navigator - Eastern
5/8/15 - NCL Dawn - Bermuda
11/30/14 - Carnival Pride - Western
6/13/14 -NCL Dawn - Bermuda
2/8/14 - Celebrity Reflection - Eastern
10/20/13 -RC Allure - Western