When to book July Alaska inside passage

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:28 AM.
87,478 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
I would book now.

July and August cruises are popular.

The lowest price rooms and those in optimal locations go first as do the highest price rooms.

Keith
24,899 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
Originally posted by hubofhockey
We got $197 one way Boston to Vancouver on United. My problem right now is return flights from Anchorage to Boston are extremely high. The good news is that we would fly overnight, saving on a hotel. Right now those flights are $353 per person. JetBlue comes out with their flights in January and the Hopper AP expects prices to drop up to $140 and closer to $200. I hope they're right.
Those are really good pricing. Our airport has such high prices. It helps to live near a large airport.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email Me
Boston
8,527 Posts
Joined May 2006
Originally posted by Coral
Those are really good pricing. Our airport has such high prices. It helps to live near a large airport.
There is no doubt about that. Airports that have competitive routes and where discount airlines control many gates are great. The best thing for us is that I have a parking space in a garage downtown which is a 10 minute subway (The T) to the airport. Saves on airport parking. Still, I'm patient to wait out prices on flights from Anchorage to Boston.
Belleville, MI
5,148 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
We're booking a cruise for the end of July 2018 (7/24-7/31), inside passage. Is it too cold for a balcony?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

1/07/17 Carnival Conquest - 8-day Exotic Eastern Caribbean B2B with
1/15/17 Carnival Conquest - 6-day Eastern Caribbean
1/09/2016 - Carnival Glory Eastern B2B with
1/16/2016 - Glory Western - Honeymoon cruises
1/18/2015 - Carnival Conquest Western B2B with
1/24/2015 - Carnival Conquest Southern
1/18/2014 - Carnival Liberty Eastern B2B with
1/25/2014 - Carnival Liberty Western
1/20/2013 - Carnival Freedom Western B2B with
1/26/2013 - Carnival Freedom Eastern (Platinum)
1/29/2012 - Carnival Legend-Exotic W.Caribbean
1/22/2011 - Carnival Miracle-Exotic So.Caribbean
2/24/2010 - Carnival Miracle - Southern Caribbean
1/11/2009 - Carnival Valor - Eastern Caribbean
1/19/2008 - Carnival Liberty-S.Caribbean B2B with
1/13/2008 - Carnival Liberty - Western Caribbean
1/21/2006 - Carnival Triumph -Western Caribbean
5/21/2005 - NCL Wind-Hawaii & FanningIsland
11/30/2003 - Carnival Victory - Eastern Caribbean

1,120 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
We booked our May 2018 cruise in March as soon as they were released. The price has done nothing but go up. We also booked our flights from the East Coast to Anchorage and Vancouver home also have risen every time I check. By booking the cruise back in March we were not affected by the non refundable deposit which is in place now. I would book your cruise as soon as you see a price you can live with and find the cabin you want.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

texas
136 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
Originally posted by Sparky2
We're booking a cruise for the end of July 2018 (7/24-7/31), inside passage. Is it too cold for a balcony?
I guess it depends on your definition of cold. On my trip we experienced all types of weather from cool to down right warm. The weather in that region can vary quite a bit. Best to dress in layers.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Previous cruises:
7/2016 - Norwegian Jewel: Seattle to Alaska
2/2014 - Carnival Miracle: Long Beach to PV and Cabo
6/2012 - Carnival Triumph: Galveston to Cozumel
USA
157 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
Originally posted by shippmates
We booked our May 2018 cruise in March as soon as they were released. The price has done nothing but go up. We also booked our flights from the East Coast to Anchorage and Vancouver home also have risen every time I check. By booking the cruise back in March we were not affected by the non refundable deposit which is in place now. I would book your cruise as soon as you see a price you can live with and find the cabin you want.
I've heard the Alaska ones just go up in price, they don't fall. I think this depends on the line, but with RCI if the price drops after you book you can call and they'll match the current deal. After final payment though, any deals they offer are using 'new bookings only'.

One risk to booking so far out, is you actually can't book airfare yet. For my August '18 Alaska cruise I'm still waiting for flights to be posted, so I have no clue how much they'll end up being.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature