My review of Sapphire Beach & Paradise Point

mitsugirly

We love this entire island and am praying for the people who were there, suffered through Irma and have lost so much in lives and property. I am sure this lovely area took a beating. I will be watching with interest to see how our lovely Sapphire Beach area came through the storm. Praying that the condo owners were spared the worse of it, but I am afraid they were hard hit. Also worried about the wildlife on and near this beautiful beach. Any reports will be welcome.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
That is how I discovered the island by cruise ship, we ended up going for a week vacation. Very nice place

to stay. If you have any questions, I may be of some help :) Love it, and hope to stay again sometime!

Ladybug1s - We enjoyed our day in port here too, so we're spending a week in St. Thomas in Sep 2018. Yes, I know both St. Thomas and St. John took big hits with the recent hurricanes, but expecting most of the islands to be "up and running" again 11 months afterwards.

Do you have any specific suggestions on restaurants, things to do and places to go? I'm already planning to go to Saphire and Magen's but wondering what else to do besides a beach. Did you go over to St. Johns? Any and all suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks!

Mary Jon

We tried to go to sapphire yrs ago. We showed up and the place that had rentals etc had closed the week before and no one knew if the owner was coming back. Closest toilets were the marina. So sad!! We found a ride to another beach and more $$$ on taxi fare.

We go again Jan 2018. What are the conditions? Someone update this thread please. Is there food, rentals, toilets?

Hello,

We loved it! Yes, go to St John. We had rented an SUV you will need it if your driving yourself. You take to ferry over from Red Hook . We went to a bunch of beaches on St John. Go to Lindquist Beach, that is the beach where they filmed the commercial with the chick on the white horse. Such a beautiful beach and so private. It was down from Sapphire Beach.

They sell food at Sapphire, a lady cooks it quite expensive like 10 for a burger. If you walk up the hill to the restaurant/bar

you can get food and drinks as well. We went to Magans, Coki ( there is an aquarium and a petting turtle excursion ) my son 11 at the time loved it. Also went to Secret Harbor, pretty much all the beaches since we rented an SUV. Go to the point, it was nice and a little soviener shop. We mostly hung out on the beaches. Food is pretty expensive there, a case of water cost like 9.00. I want to go again, I loved it so much!!!! Enjoy, let me know some of your experiences. I have pictures, just need to find the time to figure how to post. If you stay at Sapphire, Stay at Chucks place right on the beach. Actually all the condos are right on the beach, price wasnt to bad for the week and the place was nice. I cant remember his name but I can look it up. We had a party of 6 with us. If its only 2-4 of you, there are nice places right on the beach. Im sure you know , since you have been. Beautiful, beautiful place..

XXOO

Vicki

Ladybug1s - We enjoyed our day in port here too, so we're spending a week in St. Thomas in Sep 2018. Yes, I know both St. Thomas and St. John took big hits with the recent hurricanes, but expecting most of the islands to be "up and running" again 11 months afterwards.

Do you have any specific suggestions on restaurants, things to do and places to go? I'm already planning to go to Saphire and Magen's but wondering what else to do besides a beach. Did you go over to St. Johns? Any and all suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks!

Mary Jon

Hello,

We loved it! Yes, go to St John. We had rented an SUV you will need it if your driving yourself. You take to ferry over from Red Hook . We went to a bunch of beaches on St John. Go to Lindquist Beach, that is the beach where they filmed the commercial with the chick on the white horse. Such a beautiful beach and so private. It was down from Sapphire Beach.

They sell food at Sapphire, a lady cooks it quite expensive like 10 for a burger. If you walk up the hill to the restaurant/bar

you can get food and drinks as well. We went to Magans, Coki ( there is an aquarium and a petting turtle excursion ) my son 11 at the time loved it. Also went to Secret Harbor, pretty much all the beaches since we rented an SUV. Go to the point, it was nice and a little soviener shop. We mostly hung out on the beaches. Food is pretty expensive there, a case of water cost like 9.00. I want to go again, I loved it so much!!!! Enjoy, let me know some of your experiences. I have pictures, just need to find the time to figure how to post. If you stay at Sapphire, Stay at Chucks place right on the beach. Actually all the condos are right on the beach, price wasnt to bad for the week and the place was nice. I cant remember his name but I can look it up. We had a party of 6 with us. If its only 2-4 of you, there are nice places right on the beach. Im sure you know , since you have been. Beautiful, beautiful place..

XXOO

Vicki

Just be aware this feedback is from before the hurricanes this year, you will want to reference more current information for your upcoming cruise. The VInow recovery blog is updated regularly with conditions of the beaches, water, and resorts and is a great source for timely information as is feedback from visitors stopping on STT today.

Hello,

XXOO

Vicki

Hi Vicki,

Thanks so much for your response and sharing your experience! We will be a party of 4 adults staying in a Marriott timeshare on the beach. We're renting a SUV and planning to visit some different beaches, so thanks for the recommendations!

I haven't heard anything about the point before, but will now ask about it at the resort. And, thanks to your feedback, I definitely want to go over to St. John for a day now.

Can't wait to go visit St. Thomas and St. John! Hope you have the opportunity to go back soon too.

Thanks again,

Mary Jon

Glad you enjoyed it, the Point is where people take the sky lift up to. We drove there. I know, cant wait to go! Id rather be on the beach a week than a cruise any day!! Enjoy!! One of these days, when I have time Id love to post pictures, this board was my life saver when ever I wanted toknow about anything. Im a planner and read every thing about places I go to. haha

• 3 weeks later...
Mitsugirly what do you recommend for first timers with kids aged under 10. Coki or Sapphire? If you had to pick one? I can’t decide where to spend our day off ship. Kids love swimming and they want to try snorkelling too

Have you thought about Water Island? It is great for kids. Lots of sea turtles and rays lately. Dedicated swim area and calm waters. Two beach bar/restaurants. You should check it out!

Have you thought about Water Island? It is great for kids. Lots of sea turtles and rays lately. Dedicated swim area and calm waters. Two beach bar/restaurants. You should check it out!

Beach still has calm waters but sea life not so much since hurricanes took away much of the sea grass. IMHO If you are trying to get children interested in snorkeling either Coki, with tons of fish, or Sapphire, with a sea grass bed and sandy swim area, might be a better choices.

Edited by Livethelife
amended