Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Carnival Cruise Lines

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Carnival Cruise Lines

Read thousands of Carnival Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Carnival Cruise Deals.

Write a Carnival Review

NEW! Find Your CARNIVAL Roll Call

Old May 22nd, 2006, 05:43 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default to CaribbeanBuckeye

May I ask how much that bottle of Crown costs? I might order one of those too, but it's probably more than the Bailey's I bought for $45!!

Ad Sponsored By
Old May 22nd, 2006, 08:04 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyGirl
May I ask how much that bottle of Crown costs? I might order one of those too, but it's probably more than the Bailey's I bought for $45!!
Absolutely! The Liter of Crown Royal was exactly $55. I think it's something like $42 here in Ohio. Some states sell liquor cheaper for some reason. I know Maryland is cheaper but I'm not complaining about $55 for a Liter (not a 750 ml or a pint). This is the bigger bottle. It's the one just below the 1.75 jug that looks like a half gallon of milk.

Like I said in an earlier post, it's probably $10-$15 more than the liquor store. On a 4-night cruise, you're talking about what? $3.50-$3.75 a day extra? The markup on the Coke to go along with it is more. Just think if you try and smuggle a liter on and they catch you, they confiscate it and you're out the cost of the entire bottle. Not to mention, you're then stuck paying $4-$6 per drink for the entire cruise.

You've got the right idea, HarleyGirl! Keep the Bailey's and beer, add the Crown! You'll need something smooth-sipping and light after dinner when you're stuffed.

As for everyone talking about Bon Voyage not delivering liquor anymore, I'm totally baffled. They gave me no problem whatsover and promised it would be in my room with a bucket of ice and a six-pack of Coke before we set sail!

Carnival Destiny - March 2011
Carnival Destiny - January 2010
Carnival Fantasy - June 2006
Royal Caribbean Monarch of The Seas - April 2002
Carnival Ecstasy - November 1994

Old May 22nd, 2006, 08:18 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Thanks Steve!

I forgot to request that it be chilled in ice or placed in the fridge. I hope they will automatically do that. I kind of went overboard with it being our first cruise and also ordered a cake, a box of chocolates and a bottle of Korbel a few days ago! There won't be room in our cabin for our luggage with all the Bon Voyage junk I've ordered!

Old May 22nd, 2006, 09:14 PM
Cool Cruiser

No problem. You won't regret it at all, I'm telling you. A year from now, you won't even remember the cash you spent on this trip. You WILL remember the great time you had though. I took my first cruise way back in 1994 and I still remember that vacation better than most I've taken since.

This is my first cruise in a few years so I'm going overboard too. I ordered the champagne as well... but that's just so my wife doesn't think I'm selfish for ordering the Crown and Coke for myself! I thought "Flowers or Champagne? Hmmmmm. Which one will get her buzzed up?"

I'm going to do it up on this cruise!

Old June 1st, 2006, 01:38 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caribbean Buckeye
Absolutely! The Liter of Crown Royal was exactly $55. I think it's something like $42 here in Ohio. Some states sell liquor cheaper for some reason. I know Maryland is cheaper but I'm not complaining about $55 for a Liter (not a 750 ml or a pint). This is the bigger bottle. It's the one just below the 1.75 jug that looks like a half gallon of milk.

Like I said in an earlier post, it's probably $10-$15 more than the liquor store. On a 4-night cruise, you're talking about what? $3.50-$3.75 a day extra? The markup on the Coke to go along with it is more. Just think if you try and smuggle a liter on and they catch you, they confiscate it and you're out the cost of the entire bottle. Not to mention, you're then stuck paying $4-$6 per drink for the entire cruise.

You've got the right idea, HarleyGirl! Keep the Bailey's and beer, add the Crown! You'll need something smooth-sipping and light after dinner when you're stuffed.

As for everyone talking about Bon Voyage not delivering liquor anymore, I'm totally baffled. They gave me no problem whatsover and promised it would be in my room with a bucket of ice and a six-pack of Coke before we set sail!
How do I get in touch with them to order? This sounds like the way to go

Old June 1st, 2006, 01:47 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
A kind member here gave me this info awhile back:

Dial 1-800-522-7648...listen to the prompts...push 1 for gifts from the Bon Voyage Dept...then when a person gets on the line, ask for Vicki at Ext. 12065.

Carnival Holiday 6/08

Carnival Glory 7/09
Carnival Fantasy 11/09
Carnival Elation 7/10
Carnival Fantasy 7/11
Carnival Conquest 7/13
Carnival Fantasy 7/14

Old June 1st, 2006, 01:55 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinagrl0925
Cruise JD is right. The 800 number (1-800-522-7648) is the way to go if you want to order beer or liquor. You can order flowers, wine, champagne and some other stuff from the Carnival.com website, but you have to order by phone for the good stuff.

Old July 18th, 2006, 02:05 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise, J.D.
A kind member here gave me this info awhile back:

Dial 1-800-522-7648...listen to the prompts...push 1 for gifts from the Bon Voyage Dept...then when a person gets on the line, ask for Vicki at Ext. 12065.
I just got off the phone with someone else that answered the phone there and she said that everything we could purchase over the phone was listed on the website. I thought you could get bottles of liquor ordering over the phone?

Old July 20th, 2006, 08:34 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
I just got off the phone with someone else that answered the phone there and she said that everything we could purchase over the phone was listed on the website. I thought you could get bottles of liquor ordering over the phone?
What's the difference in talking to vicki? The lady that answered the phone at carnival said everything I can order is already listed on the website (that means no bottles of liquor, etc. like everyone was saying). I'd like to pre-order anything can, any ideas on this

Old July 20th, 2006, 08:44 AM
****Lucy**** 10,000+ Club

Quote:
What's the difference in talking to vicki? The lady that answered the phone at carnival said everything I can order is already listed on the website (that means no bottles of liquor, etc. like everyone was saying). I'd like to pre-order anything can, any ideas on this
What happened when you asked for extension 12065?????

**Click here for a 15 minute compilation of past S&S cruises!!**

Sensation 7/03, Sensation (Saints and Sinners I) 10/04, Miracle (Partae Pirates) 2/05, Valor Vampires 10/05, Sov of the Seas 2/06, Conquest (Saints and Sinners II) 10/06, Fantasy (S&S 2.5) 1/07, Liberty (Saints and Sinners III) 10/07, Destiny (Saints and Sinners IV) 10/20/08 and 11/3/08 B2B, Legend (Saints and Sinners V) 10/18/09 Fantasy (40th Bday Cruise) 1/10, Coming Up... Valor S&S 10 Year Reunion 10/26/14

Old July 20th, 2006, 09:10 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaV
I called today, here's some prices, all per liter
Absolute Vodka $40
Captain Morgain Rum $40
Malibu Rum $55 (I tried asking for Parrot Bay too, same with Barcardi Raspberry, but she wasn't quite understanding me)
Tanquery Gin $45 (can't spell!)
Bombay Saphire Gin $55
She said that you can call up to a week before the cruise and they can have it ready. She also mentioned that if it appeared to be children or young people in the cabin, they may card you when delivering (I guess they have access to your reservation?). She said that the bottle just has to stay in the room.
It may be a bit pricey, but it's a heck of a lot easier than sneaking some in and you know you will have it and for me, it's still cheaper than a 2 week bar tab

Lisa
WOW....personally those prices are out there...

Captain Morgans 1 Litre cost us $9.99 on the ship last year. $40 for a liter? Come on! Malibu I think was the same price for a liter...(believe me, both came home with me)

But if you want it available, I guess you do what you have to do...

WOW....
Carnival Sensation March 2007
Monarch of the Seas April 2010

Old July 20th, 2006, 09:17 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinCruisin
What happened when you asked for extension 12065?????
Thats my question, I actually just asked the first lady that answered the phone (didn't know different people, different answers) and her answer surprised me so much I just thanked her and got off the phone. What is the deal with extension 12065? This is starting to sound a little strange

Old July 20th, 2006, 09:52 AM
Cool Cruiser

I did this about a month ago and had no problem getting prices.

Valor Eastern Carib 9/24/06-just DH and I
Victory Fall Foliage Oct 2004 - kids and grandmother

Old July 20th, 2006, 10:17 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by vesw01
I did this about a month ago and had no problem getting prices.
What were you able to order? I know they have wine on the carnival website, but can your pre-order liquor?

Old July 20th, 2006, 10:29 AM
Cool Cruiser

When I ordered in April, the first lady that answered I simply said "I want to order a bottle of alcohol delivered to my cabin please" and she took the order herself??? I wonder if this has all changed, because I was going to do it again for Sept

Carnival Destiny 12/2009
Carnival Liberty 12/2008
Carnival Freedom 12/2007
Carnival Fascination 9/2007
Grandeur of the Seas 4/2007
Adventure of the Seas 12/2006
Carnival Triumph 9/2006
Carnival Glory 4/2006
Carnival Conquest 11/2005