Conrad Miami Feedback Needed...

dchoney

In July I'm planning on staying at the Conrad Miami property pre and post cruise. I would love to hear feedback from anyone that has recently stayed at this property. The pros and cons are welcomed and appreciated. I'm also considering renting a car for one day pre and one day post cruise so thT we can explore and enjoy Miami. Does that make sense or is taking cabs a better idea. Truly just looking for a great hotel and easy transportation. Thanks in advance😊

The location is quite good.

I am not sure what you want to see but we stay at a hotel two blocks from the Conrad and don't feel the need to rent a car as we can walk to many places and also use taxis.

The hotel has been around a long time so it's on the older side. Has nice views of the Bay.

It has a very nice restaurant for dinner and you can purchase a discount voucher at http://www.restaurant.com should you wish to have dinner there.

Keith

I was just in one of the rooms recently because a friend stayed there.

It's a great hotel in a great area. You will be able to walk to many places. You will take the elevator up to 25 for the lobby but then take another elevator back down to your room!

Since they built up the new condo Brickell House, there is a condo building right behind the pool area now which took away the view.

The location is quite good.

I am not sure what you want to see but we stay at a hotel two blocks from the Conrad and don't feel the need to rent a car as we can walk to many places and also use taxis.

The hotel has been around a long time so it's on the older side. Has nice views of the Bay.

It has a very nice restaurant for dinner and you can purchase a discount voucher at http://www.restaurant.com should you wish to have dinner there.

Keith

Keith, thanks for the feedback and the tip on the discount voucher! I love saving money!!! :)

I was just in one of the rooms recently because a friend stayed there.

It's a great hotel in a great area. You will be able to walk to many places. You will take the elevator up to 25 for the lobby but then take another elevator back down to your room!

Since they built up the new condo Brickell House, there is a condo building right behind the pool area now which took away the view.

Carolyn, thanks for responding. You and Keith have saved me on rental car expenses! So glad it's in a good area and close to everything. We will take a cab if we decide to venture out of the immediate area! Can't wait for my July Cruise!!!

Carolyn, thanks for responding. You and Keith have saved me on rental car expenses! So glad it's in a good area and close to everything. We will take a cab if we decide to venture out of the immediate area! Can't wait for my July Cruise!!!

You are welcome.

You really won't need a car as you can walk to everything. I live on Brickell Ave very close to the Conrad and won't use my car for weeks at a time as I can walk to tons of restaurants, bars, bakeries, pharmacies, 2 Publix grocery stores, whole foods, etc.

There is also a stop right near your hotel for the free trolley that goes in the area. The metro mover is also close by. The end of the Brickell line which is called financial center is actually right across the street from the Conrad. You can take this over to the Bayside area that everyone always talks about.

The concierge of your hotel is on the main floor and they will be able to give you maps and tons of information.

If you do want to go over to the South Beach area, it's a short cab or Uber ride. Uber usually runs me about $12.

You are welcome.

You really won't need a car as you can walk to everything. I live on Brickell Ave very close to the Conrad and won't use my car for weeks at a time as I can walk to tons of restaurants, bars, bakeries, pharmacies, 2 Publix grocery stores, whole foods, etc.

There is also a stop right near your hotel for the free trolley that goes in the area. The metro mover is also close by. The end of the Brickell line which is called financial center is actually right across the street from the Conrad. You can take this over to the Bayside area that everyone always talks about.

The concierge of your hotel is on the main floor and they will be able to give you maps and tons of information.

If you do want to go over to the South Beach area, it's a short cab or Uber ride. Uber usually runs me about $12.

I love using Uber and very happy to hear that I can use it in Miami. Generally great drivers, nicer cars and a little cheaper than a cab! Thanks and have a great weekend!

• 3 weeks later...

We booked a suite a the Conrad Miami. Since this is our Honeymoon Cruise, we are really excited. I hope our pre and post stay at the Conrad is awesome. I've received great feedback and read really good reviews. Fingers crossed! Thanks.

I will be staying at Conrad for my cruise as well, was wondering how you all plan to get to the cruise port?

Planning on taking a cab to the cruise port. I understand that it is around $12-$15. Post stay will rent a car for the day and enjoy Miami for a day!!!