Prayers for Bermuda

sandij

Checked the webcam and you can hear the wind starting to blow through the camera mic. They are supposed to get hit by a Cat 2 or 3 tomorrow, praying they all survive, it is a lovely island to visit I'd hate to see it destroyed.

Bermuda is a beautiful island. She's seen this before. She'll be fine and will survive. Talk to people who live in Homestead, Florida about hurricanes. Bermuda has nothing to worry much about. Right now, I'm just happy we're dodging another hurricane bullet here in south Florida. Climate is changing, apparently, maybe. 9 years since the last big one here in 2005. "Andrew" in 1992 was a disaster of epic proportions. "Wilma" in 2005 took the shingles off our roof and wrecked the pool enclosure. We were lucky that the tree that fell down fell between the houses.

I agree, Bermuda has seen this before and the people who live there know how to deal with it. Nothing wrong with a prayer or two though.

Islanders, no matter where from are resilient, and can bounce back even after the worse storm. I know this because I am from an island, which is not known as the "rock", for no reason.

All said though, do wish that Bermuda fares well with this latest storm.

Checked the webcam and you can hear the wind starting to blow through the camera mic. They are supposed to get hit by a Cat 2 or 3 tomorrow, praying they all survive, it is a lovely island to visit I'd hate to see it destroyed.

Prayers sent. It's actually a category 4 right now. Should be a category 3 by 2 PM tomorrow.

Prayers sent. It's actually a category 4 right now. Should be a category 3 by 2 PM tomorrow.

Latest update has it bordering on a category 5.:eek:

As an islander myself I know exactly what the people of Bermuda are feeling at this point and I hope and prayer that they don't take a major hit.

While as other posters said we are a resilient people...it takes a long time to recover from these storms if you take a major hit. We have islands still recovering from Ivan in 2005:(. It maybe slightly different for Bermuda as they are still a British Protectorate and will probably received quite a bit of British assistance if the worst happens (I pray it doesn't)

Stay safe my Bermudan brothers and sisters.

I have not been able to get the Webcam to work for about an hour. Probably, the power is out. God, please watch over Bermuda and all of it's residents.

The cam is working as I am watching it right now live.... it's scary...

8200 viewers now !

Edited by sebas030

The winds are starting to pick up but no flying trees, leafs or cats yet :D

Please stay safe ComeOnLetsGo! Hugs being sent and Prayers being said for you all !!

Was in Bermuda in August (AGAIN !!) and had an awesome time there on your lovely island.