Phone service in the Baltic

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Northern Europe & Baltic Sea
Aarhus, Bergen, Copenhagen, Gdansk, Greenland, Helsinki, Oslo, Reykjavik, Riga, St. Petersburg, Stockholm, Tallinn
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:08 PM.
537 Posts
Joined May 2005
I have a Sprint PCS phone. Does anyone know if service is available or can be.. If not, what do you do for phone service (prepaid cards, etc.) I would like to check on my kids a few times. Thanks for your comments.

I also posted this on the Celebrity board...

Kurt
scottsdale, az
417 Posts
Joined Jan 2004
You will probably need to rent a gsm phone. (Just search google, lots of locations.) Europe is on a different standard than the US so unless you have a gsm phone (which Sprint is not), it won't work. If you really want to make sure you have service EVERY where, rent a satellite phone. You can get them for under $50 a week and less than $2/min.

(Ok, disclaimer - I use to work in the cell phone and satellite phone industry)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Mexico 86
Carnival Festivale Caribbean 88
Carnival Inspiration Caribbean 99
Carnival Miracle Caribbean 04
Carnival Pride Mexico 05
Regent Seven Seas Baltics 06
Crown Princess Great Britain 11
Celebrity Silhouette Italy/Croatia 13
Celebrity Reflection Italy/Greece 15