One way to do Perth

Solent Richard

Yesterday Queen Elizabeth visited the port of Fremantle from where passengers have easy access to the Western Australian Capital of Perth.

I have recently written a review on just what can be achieved and seen on a day visit...

24847927515_f2df2c8af0_z.jpg

24221017873_6471dd2d9a_z.jpg

24219767274_c4e6487ed1_z.jpg

24729995342_862c95ca70_z.jpg

The full review with over 30 photographs can be found on my blog page...

http://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2016/02/12/one-way-to-do-perth/

Perth in one day? I'd never get out of Fremantle :D Great coffee, great beer, great food, interesting sights!

Seriously though, Perth is a lovely city and easy to get to by train from the port at Fremantle. Once in the city there are 2-3 free bus routes which make it very easy to get from place to place, think there is also a free bus route in Fremantle. There are some lovely walks along the river and Kings Park is beautiful. A cruise on the river is also lovely.

Perth in one day? I'd never get out of Fremantle :D Great coffee, great beer, great food, interesting sights!

Seriously though, Perth is a lovely city and easy to get to by train from the port at Fremantle. Once in the city there are 2-3 free bus routes which make it very easy to get from place to place, think there is also a free bus route in Fremantle. There are some lovely walks along the river and Kings Park is beautiful. A cruise on the river is also lovely.

I agree so much to do and see in Freo. Really needs a two day stop.

I agree so much to do and see in Freo. Really needs a two day stop.

Totally agree. Loved the blog. Walking to Kings Park from the City :eek::eek: Take the bus. To do justice to the Park - as seen in the blog - would take a good 2 hrs of anybody's clock. Then do the other stuff - plus going round the mint (not to be missed) would take another 3/4 hour - you cannot go in and miss the gold pour. Plus a walk along St Georges terrace for the Court etc would certainly make a full day including travel to and from.

Fremantle is steeped in history - Maritime Museum - Round House - Prison - Markets (no comma on my computer hence "-")There are good rare book shops - quaint shops - good cappuccino strips - it's all there. Good shopping. Excellent souvenir shops in the "E" Sheds - good prices too. Then there is the good old Freo Markets - not to be missed. There is a free Hop on Hop off bus as well. Tickets for the train to Perth can be bought at the Fremantle Train Station. You can get a day return.

(I've almost convinced myself to do all this again - and I live here !!!!!!!!:rolleyes:)

Edited by dizzy1948

• 6 months later...
Thanks for the link to your blog. Great photos. In November we will be disembarking the Emerald Princess in Fremantle and will be spending 3 days in Perth. Your photos make us very excited to see the city.

Hello, you have no doubt already researched this, and I see you come from sunny Florida but just a reminder that the average daily daily maximum in Perth in February is 31.7 or 89.06 fahrenheit, so remember to pack the sunscreen and a hat. This Feb we had 9 days over 100, one of which was 109.4.

Hello, you have no doubt already researched this, and I see you come from sunny Florida but just a reminder that the average daily daily maximum in Perth in February is 31.7 or 89.06 fahrenheit, so remember to pack the sunscreen and a hat. This Feb we had 9 days over 100, one of which was 109.4.

Sorry, I am obviously loosing the plot today, I thought your post said you were visiting in February, but I see its November, tried to amend/cancel, no luck.

:-)

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry, I am obviously loosing the plot today, I thought your post said you were visiting in February, but I see its November, tried to amend/cancel, no luck.

:-)

LOL Glad I'm not the only one who gets off the track sometimes! We're looking for some beautiful spring weather in November in Perth. We leave next weekend to fly to London and will board the Emerald Princess on the 28th for our 41 day cruise to Fremantle. We've met a number of people from Perth on previous cruises and are looking forward to seeing that area of Australia. Unfortunately we only have 3 days to spend there before we must get back home.