Has anyone used James Tours

bettercup

• 4 weeks later...

I've used James both times I visited the island. Best tours ever! This past February we did his land tour. He picked us up at the port with his tour guide Desi. She sat in back telling us all about the island as James drove. We visited the banana fields, volcano, waterfalls and had an absolutely wonderful lunch. He even made a stop when I mentioned I needed a pair of shoes. He went above and beyond to give us a glorious day. Any specific questions, just ask. I'll give you any info I have.

Went on a catamaran sailing trip with a group from the CC roll call a few years back.

We sailed to Soufiere, bussed up to the volcano, got in the mud bath (stinks, but does a nice job exfoliating the skin), then sailed back, stopping for a swim, as I recall.

Great day. It was arranged by a member of the roll call, so I cannot speak about his response time or individual trips he offers.

Fun and professional all the way. Lunch was served on the cat on the way back, plenty to drink as well.

It was not a land tour, it was a catamaran tour.

Sailed to Soufiere, then to the Pitons, then to Marigot Bay (not sure why they think it is a big deal, but all sailing trips pass there), sailed back to the ship.

I don't know if he has anything on water to book individually, there were probably 25 of us, on a very large catamaran, arranged as a group.

• 1 month later...
How good is James Tours?

A friend recommended James Tours (2 years ago), when he learned that I was to visit St. Lucia. James is an excellent tour guide and a most pleasant fellow! He was accommodating and made sure our small group had a perfect experience under his care. He was always asking if we wanted or needed anything, as he showed off his beautiful island with pride. I couldn't praise him enough! Highly recommended!

I've used James both times I visited the island. Best tours ever! This past February we did his land tour. He picked us up at the port with his tour guide Desi. She sat in back telling us all about the island as James drove. We visited the banana fields, volcano, waterfalls and had an absolutely wonderful lunch. He even made a stop when I mentioned I needed a pair of shoes. He went above and beyond to give us a glorious day. Any specific questions, just ask. I'll give you any info I have.

How many in group? And how much did it cost?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to set up a tour with James Tours. He e-mailed me back and asked me to fill out the online form. Does anyone know where the form is? I can not find it. I've e-mailed him to ask, but it seems to take a while to get a response from him. These boards usually provide a quicker response. :)

• 7 months later...

We just took a private tour with James Tours and are very happy that we did. The basic price was $70 pp, but we wanted to take a boat back from Soufrière to the ship so that added $20 pp (well worth it to avoid going back along the twisty mountain roads, plus it gave us a scenic look at the coastline).

James picked us up at the pier in his nice new van and followed our custom itinerary: tour of Castries with a visit to the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception (murals everywhere, but simple stained glass windows) and the park dedicated to their two Nobel Prize Laureates; visits to Morne Fortune and the Roseau Banana Plantation; photo op above Soufrière; lengthy visit to Diamond Falls Botanical Garden & Waterfall; excellent lunch at La Haut restaurant (chicken curry and a freshwater white fish of St. Lucia; banana splits for dessert); then return to the ship via boat. Everything was as expected, except that the boat return was nicer (large catamaran with lots of shade) but longer (we joined another group that had arranged a 45-minute swim stop) than anticipated. The ride was rough enough on this boat, so I'm glad that we didn't have the smaller private boat I imagined.

I recommend James Tours to anyone wanting an excursion on St. Lucia.