Is Costa Maya like Cozumel ? As in "easy" on your own kind of place ?

marylp

Visiting Costa in Feb on the Freedom. We love the easiness of Cozumel. Is Costa Maya the same? We feel very safe in Coz and never feel the need to buy an excursion. We have more fun just getting a cab into town and hanging out. Anyone?

Visiting Costa in Feb on the Freedom. We love the easiness of Cozumel. Is Costa Maya the same? We feel very safe in Coz and never feel the need to buy an excursion. We have more fun just getting a cab into town and hanging out. Anyone?

We loved Costa Maya and yes, it is very safe. There is a pretty nice Port there and lots of people just hung out there, but we like to explore and so we rented a Golf Cart right there. The people renting were VERY nice. I think we spent something like $60/70 dollars for 4 hours or for the day, can't remember, but they give you all kinds of rental options. We were all over the place as were a lot of other people with Golf Carts and we had a blast. There are a lot of beaches there with restaurants you can stop in and have a drink and even use the facilities ... some for a charge, others not. The one we stopped at didn't charge for usage and we stopped and had a couple of beers and just hung out looking at the ocean, etc. Maya Luna I think was the name of it. There were some other cruisers there we chatted with and we watched the owner's dogs playing in the water with a tennis ball ... very relaxing. We didn't stop in the 'town' but I guess you could. We shopped at the Pier when we got back and it was very nice. You can also check out a lot of reviews on the Costa Maya Port Board which we found very helpful. Enjoy .... know you will! :)

When we were there a year or so ago, they had an open air shuttle that took you to town for a few dollars. I think the price was two or three dollars each way. The town is basically one street about four blocks long with some shops, bars, and restaurants on one side and the beach on the other side. There are loungers and palapas on the beach. We were not charged for using the loungers and tables but we did buy drinks from the place across the street. Drinks and food were not expensive and the atmosphere was very relaxing.

When we were there a year or so ago, they had an open air shuttle that took you to town for a few dollars. I think the price was two or three dollars each way. The town is basically one street about four blocks long with some shops, bars, and restaurants on one side and the beach on the other side. There are loungers and palapas on the beach. We were not charged for using the loungers and tables but we did buy drinks from the place across the street. Drinks and food were not expensive and the atmosphere was very relaxing.

There was an A/C bus last Feb for $3/pp if I remember, or you can walk another 10 min for a taxi amd save $1. We got there faster with the bus...

Edited by blue_water

We love going to the beach at Majahaul! Quite inexpensive quick taxi ride. A stand that sells transport tickets is located just as you exit the gate. Once there, just walk until you find a beach bar that suits you. Normally, the chairs are at no cost when you are ordering drinks or food. :D

LuLu