La Sagrada Familia Question please

MikeNKim

We will be carrying a camera bag with us, I read on another site that you have to leave the bags at a check in place. Is this correct or do they just check it and you get to keep it with you?

Thanks for any insight.

Kim

We will be carrying a camera bag with us, I read on another site that you have to leave the bags at a check in place. Is this correct or do they just check it and you get to keep it with you?

Thanks for any insight.

Kim

Interesting thought I didn't think of. Wonder if they just check like at other places or you can't bring it in at all .... for instances at the Arizona Memorial, not even purses are allowed. You have me wondering about other places now, like the Vatican, etc. Hope someone answers! This is my first Med cruise so I have no clue, but am interested!

In general they make you leave backpacks and very LARGE tote bags in a lot of places where you see a sign to check bags.They have a place where you check them and they give you a receipt. Most people that have asked this question before have had responses of camera bags are ok,but not to worry they wiil let you know what you cannot take. I think you will be just fine.

It's been a while (like 5 years), but I know that we didn't have to check any purses or camera bags at Sagrada Familia. My father would have rather waited outside than entrust his camera bag to a bag check! (and in Barcelona, of all places...)

We were there yesterday... My smallish bag wasn't inspected and my big camera was slung over my shoulder. No problems. I don't think they would make you check the bag, more likely they would just peek inside. I saw people opening their bags for inspection but it was cursory.

No issues with bags just going into the church. However, if you were going up to the tower, they were making you put bags in a locker. The lockers were adjacent to the tower elevator, 1 different sizes small ones were .20Euro, the larger lockers were 1Euro each. We had a fairly small camera bag we had to put in the locker, we took the cameras up with us.

I think this is do to the tight spaces coming down the stairways. It was very crowded, as the summer season appeared to have started.

We enjoyed our visit.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for any insight.

Kim

No they didn't ask me or check my camera bag(sling bag). I was there on June 27th.

• 4 weeks later...
No issues with bags just going into the church. However, if you were going up to the tower, they were making you put bags in a locker. The lockers were adjacent to the tower elevator, 1 different sizes small ones were .20Euro, the larger lockers were 1Euro each. We had a fairly small camera bag we had to put in the locker, we took the cameras up with us.

I think this is do to the tight spaces coming down the stairways. It was very crowded, as the summer season appeared to have started.

We enjoyed our visit.

I agree. When we were there last month, three of us were carrying bags. We walked though the church with our bags, but when we went to the Passion Façade, my husband was required to put his bag in a locker and pay a few euro.

• 2 weeks later...

I was there in July. We had a small backpack and I carried my DSLR. We didn't have to check anything. As long as you don't have a huge bag you will be fine. If you want to check your bag and just carry your camera you could always do that.