Question about laundry temperature.

cruisemuse13

I know laundry is a touchy subject right now but I do have a basic question to ask. For the first time, and apparently the last time, my November 2014 cruise I will be eligible for a free bag of laundry. Like everyone else, we will be trying to pack lighter , for a 3 week vacation, and laundry is essential.

So for the free bag of laundry onboard, can you specify COLD wash?? Or is everything done automatically on warm or hot, and thrown in the dryer on high heat? It will certainly make a difference on what I can toss in that bag!:eek:

thank you for any replies.

I've been wondering the same thing and was going to post something. Also wondering how hot the dryers are in the self serve laundry room. Some of the things I'm taking I don't even put in my dryer at home.

Thanks for posting the question.

I did the self service laundry while I was on Journey a few year back. The only trouble I had was the water in the washer on two loads was not clean. I did not see this until my second wash. The cloths were dried and had brown stains on them. When I open the other machine I could see the water was brown. I went to the front desk and showed them the clothes. They sent them to the ship's laundry. Thank goodness all the stains came out. Other people had the same trouble and thought it was a hot dryer, but it was the water. don't know why the water was not right.

I had to pitch a cotton polo shirt that I put in the free bag of laundry as it shrank badly. I assume the default temperatures are on the high side. I suppose I assumed the laundry room would check the shirt care tag but my fault for assuming. The rest of my stuff, non-shrinkable, was fine. I did not request cold wash so don't know if they can do that.

Edited by Sailin' Shoes

I had to pitch a cotton polo shirt that I put in the free bag of laundry as it shrank badly. I assume the default temperatures are on the high side. I suppose I assumed the laundry room would check the shirt care tag but my fault for assuming. The rest of my stuff' date=' non-shrinkable, was fine. I did not request cold wash so don't know if they can do that.[/quote']

I'll be sure to request cold water. I doubt that they check tags on the laundry they receive.