What is Azamara's current Single Supplement policy?

comcox

There are a few sailings that offer a reduced single supplement and they are listed as specials. They are about 25%. I have never been lucky enough to score one of those deals! I am paying the full 200% on my trip on Quest in January.

Good luck!

Here in Australia I saw a promo today advertising Azamara Club Cruises with the comment, "Singles pay just 125% of the total cabin fare on selected European cruises. Book by 31 August 2010." I assume they mean 125% of the per person rate.

Ironically, all the cruises listed were "2 for the price of 1", so we single travelers are being ripped off again. 125% of the per person rate I'd normally consider a fair deal for singles but not when it is 25% more than they are charging for a couple.

glengavin :mad:

Here in Australia I saw a promo today advertising Azamara Club Cruises with the comment, "Singles pay just 125% of the total cabin fare on selected European cruises. Book by 31 August 2010." I assume they mean 125% of the per person rate.

Ironically, all the cruises listed were "2 for the price of 1", so we single travelers are being ripped off again. 125% of the per person rate I'd normally consider a fair deal for singles but not when it is 25% more than they are charging for a couple.

It would/should be 25% more than the online price, which is actually half of Azamara's brochure rate. You won't pay 25% more than a couple, but again, this just shows how bad Azamara's marketing/copywriting is when a single can't figure out the rate.

To to *****.com and click on single discounts. It will bring up a list of cruises and the % of discount. I am on the Quest 8/15 out of Athens and that is 25% of the rate for one person.

125% of the per person rate I'd normally consider a fair deal for singles but not when it is 25% more than they are charging for a couple.

The supplement is calculated based on the per person rate, not the per couple rate, e.g.

For October 2nd, Quest:

Double Occupancy Oceanview $3,999

Single Occupancy Oceanview $4,904

Single Supplement 23%

• 4 years later...

Azamara claims that they have a 125% rate for single supplements on selected voyages, but it is not calculated on their advertised per person prices. Instead they use their own internal pricing as a base amount and then multiply it.

Since they usually deep discount their fares and advertise the actual cost, they can calculate this single 125% rate to actually be higher than the cost for a couple who will get the deep discount rate.

I have sailed with Azamara and enjoyed the cruise. But I wish that they would be more fair towards single travelers.

Actually, it is 125% of the per person rate. I booked next year's transatlantic on Journey at this rate.

Actually, it is 125% of the per person rate. I booked next year's transatlantic on Journey at this rate.

On Journey's 19 February 2015 repositioning cruise from Rio to Miami... And I was able to combine it with the cabin upgrade promo in effect at the time!

Does anyone know what Azamara's current single supplement policy is?

I know some cruise lines offer less than 200% on some cabin categories.

I have paid just a 25% solo supplement on almost all the Azamara cruises I have taken. In some cases I was able to combine it with the double cabin upgrade.

There is only a limited amount of cruises offered to solo travellers with a 25% solo supplement. You often find the TA's are on a special deal and this attracts a large number of solos on board. :)