Small children - safety

KJCruiser13

Hi!

We will be cruising with our two toddlers (their first cruise) and one port is Cozumel. My husband and I just went to Cozumel a few months back and had no issues. Recently, we've had a few family members warn us of the issues that have been going on in Mexico and it's making us rethink getting off of the ship.

Has anyone been there recently with small children and felt safe? We plan to just go to paradise beach. I'm mostly concerned with the taxi ride there and back by ourselves.

thanks!

If you put "toddler" in the search engine of this forum I am sure you will get lots of hits of things to do and travel with young children in Cozumel.

We have travelled several times with toddler/ young child and have walked to nearby resort to avoid transportation, travelled by taxi van and hired a private driver with car seat. No problems with any of our arrangements.

If you put "toddler" in the search engine of this forum I am sure you will get lots of hits of things to do and travel with young children in Cozumel.

We have travelled several times with toddler/ young child and have walked to nearby resort to avoid transportation, travelled by taxi van and hired a private driver with car seat. No problems with any of our arrangements.

Do you have more information on hiring a private driver?

Do you have more information on hiring a private driver?

We have used ToursPlaza many times with children, groups including old people and just as a couple. They have child seats available for hire.

There is a minimum rental of three hours. It will be pricy if you only want to go to one beach club and back but if you want to stop at different beaches or some other location I would highly recommend.

https://toursplaza.com/recommended-stops/

If you want to just go to one location walk to one of the resorts near International or Puerta Maya, if you are docking there and don't want to taxi, or take a taxi van from dispatch if you are comfortable holding your child. There will be no car seats unless you take your own.

I was just in Cozumel for an entire week. While I did not have children with me, I have never felt safer. Cozumel does a great job at keeping the bad guys from coming to the island. We had several locals tell us they watch who is coming in on the ferry. Remember, Cozumel is an island. People from the mainland must come on the ferry or by private boat. They know who is coming.

I saw a lot of people with kids (big and small) I personally think you should get off the ship and have fun.

Playa Mia beach club is very popular with families because of the kiddie water park - perfect for toddlers. Some cruise lines have it as an excursion or you can book it independently. Taxi each way if you go on your own is about $17 for up to 4 passengers sharing the same cab.

I've never been to Paradise Beach with out seeing lots of kids/families - HUGE pool and great facilities! :cool: Cozumel is one of the safest and easiest port stops in the Caribbean.

Did you use a taxi from the port?

We've used taxis all over Cozumel - the fares are posted and if you do your homework and do not let them steer you to someplace offering the driver a kick back you'll be fine. Cabs on Cozumel are much better than the crooks in Philly! :mad:

Yes we had 20 in our group so we did two of the big van taxis. They were lined up at the taxi stand outside the pier area. Can't miss it. I think it was $20.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

For large 8 person van should have been more like $30 from International or Puerta Maya. Around $15 for 4 person taxi.