On-Board Purchases - Will Disney ship on-board purchase for you?

Rayden Lightning

Does anyone know if the Disney ships will mail your on-board purchases home for you?

If so, price, size restriction, etc?

I am interested in buy a Larry Dotson matted print 16x20 with the image being 9x13.

I thought the parks would mail snow globes since so many people flying would have a tough time going through airport security.

Easier to ship the print from the cruise than to carry it home.

Thanks

Rayden

While I have never tried shipping something home from a Disney cruise, I did once buy an unframed print on board about a year or so ago and I recall the shops person told me artwork is something that they can arrange to have shipped to you so you don't have to try to take it home (such as by plane in your luggage). I didn't ask about cost.

That was specifically about shipping art bought on board. I am not sure the option to ship things extends to other items purchased.

I did once ship things home that I purchased at WDW resort. That was convenient, although not exactly speedy. That was almost 15 years ago, however, and the once reasonable cost may be much higher.

Yes, I have shipped things from WDW. That's easy.

I believe that the only thing that can be shipped from the ships is artwork. I haven't done it so I don't know any of the details...but I've heard of it being done. I don't believe other purchased items can be shipped. Depending on your disembarkation date, flight time, and mode of transportation, there used to be a business just down the street from the port which would pack and ship items for you. Again, my experience with them was 8 or so years ago, so they may not be there anymore.

As far as I know, artwork is it. Anything else starts getting into customs issues, damage issues, liability issues, etc, but most people can't carry art home on a plane (it's worth noting that the art you may get may be shipped from a warehouse and NOT the same one that is actually onboard the ship)

THANKS All !!!

The only problem is that the print I want may not be considered "artwork". The print I want is $50 retail.

For what it sounds like, it is maybe the auctioned off art pieces that Disney will ship for you?

A mass produced $50 print may not qualify.

Thoughts??

I am actually I trying to find someone to buy the print for me from one of the Disney ships. (the print(s) are exclusive to Disney Cruise lines, even the artists can not get access to them. I communicated with Larry Dotson and David Doss, wives). I want to make it as easy as possible for someone to buy and send me the print. I do not want them trying to get off the ship and trying to fly home with a 16x20 unframed print. So a Florida resident within driving distance of Port Canaveral would be best.

I may of two people interested, for $50 +shipping & handling, but nothing definite yet. Both of whom have cruises months away. Hopefully the print will appear on Ebay soon but even though the print is available for sale currently (and last 7 years) they are rare for re-sale.

I do appreciate the help you have provided.

Rayden

THANKS All !!!

The only problem is that the print I want may not be considered "artwork". The print I want is $50 retail.

For what it sounds like, it is maybe the auctioned off art pieces that Disney will ship for you?

A mass produced $50 print may not qualify.

Thoughts??

I am actually I trying to find someone to buy the print for me from one of the Disney ships. (the print(s) are exclusive to Disney Cruise lines, even the artists can not get access to them. I communicated with Larry Dotson and David Doss, wives). I want to make it as easy as possible for someone to buy and send me the print. I do not want them trying to get off the ship and trying to fly home with a 16x20 unframed print. So a Florida resident within driving distance of Port Canaveral would be best.

I may of two people interested, for $50 +shipping & handling, but nothing definite yet. Both of whom have cruises months away. Hopefully the print will appear on Ebay soon but even though the print is available for sale currently (and last 7 years) they are rare for re-sale.

I do appreciate the help you have provided.

Rayden

I don't know about the shipping, but DCL does not do the tacky art auctions. They have art for sale, but it's straight-out sale and not an auction.

If the thing you're talking about is in the gift shops, then no, it would not be considered art in the sense of the other pieces. If it's hanging with the rest of the art, then it likely would.