Rainforest Wagon Expedition Tour??

misterbuds

Has anyone ever booked the Rainforest Wagon Expedition tour offered through Celebrity? I can't seem to find any reviews on this particularly tour. My mother was interested in doing this tour. Any feedback would help. Here is the description from the web site:

Our day begins with a rather short but beautiful 30 minutes drive onboard air-conditioned transportation to Cedar Valley Ranch, a privately owned property. The tour will be an expedition into the Tropical Rain Forest. We will admire some vistas of the Banano River as we ride towards the forest and before the actual journey begins.

Our vehicle is a specially designed jitney for passengers pulled by a tractor. It has an individual suspension system for each row of seats to further enhancement of comfort during the ride. It also features a secure system of disc brakes, and independent emergency brake. The wagon also has a clear see-thru roof and clear side curtains in case of rain that are rolled up during the ride.

Once in the Rain Forest, guests will enjoy all the different shades of green that the human eye can see. The ride goes past some beautiful river views before entering the tall galleries of the forest. Gigantic bamboos welcome the visitors as they go deeper in the woods. A stop is made to allow guests a short and easy walk to enjoy a close-up of the different species of plants, trees and birdlife.

From the jitney or during the short walk, guests are very likely to see the famous inch-long poisonous dart-arrow frogs. Two species are commonly found in this area, one with black/blue legs and red body or the neon-green with black spots one. They are harmless and their venom is for the predators that may try to eat them.

During the expedition, a stop is made at a breathtaking lookout point, where pictures are a must-have. In addition, a flat and very easy all-metal panoramic sky bridge over the rainforest is the perfect opportunity to see part of the canopy of trees before returning to the ranch.

Nice fresh tropical fruits, bottled water and handcrafts are available at the end of our expedition.

Has anyone ever booked the Rainforest Wagon Expedition tour offered through Celebrity? I can't seem to find any reviews on this particularly tour. My mother was interested in doing this tour. Any feedback would help. Here is the description from the web site:

Our day begins with a rather short but beautiful 30 minutes drive onboard air-conditioned transportation to Cedar Valley Ranch, a privately owned property. The tour will be an expedition into the Tropical Rain Forest. We will admire some vistas of the Banano River as we ride towards the forest and before the actual journey begins.

Our vehicle is a specially designed jitney for passengers pulled by a tractor. It has an individual suspension system for each row of seats to further enhancement of comfort during the ride. It also features a secure system of disc brakes, and independent emergency brake. The wagon also has a clear see-thru roof and clear side curtains in case of rain that are rolled up during the ride.

Once in the Rain Forest, guests will enjoy all the different shades of green that the human eye can see. The ride goes past some beautiful river views before entering the tall galleries of the forest. Gigantic bamboos welcome the visitors as they go deeper in the woods. A stop is made to allow guests a short and easy walk to enjoy a close-up of the different species of plants, trees and birdlife.

From the jitney or during the short walk, guests are very likely to see the famous inch-long poisonous dart-arrow frogs. Two species are commonly found in this area, one with black/blue legs and red body or the neon-green with black spots one. They are harmless and their venom is for the predators that may try to eat them.

During the expedition, a stop is made at a breathtaking lookout point, where pictures are a must-have. In addition, a flat and very easy all-metal panoramic sky bridge over the rainforest is the perfect opportunity to see part of the canopy of trees before returning to the ranch.

Nice fresh tropical fruits, bottled water and handcrafts are available at the end of our expedition.

Was not on Celebrity, but RCI Jewel. Did a private tour to the same place through Greenway nature Tours and it was great! Saw all kinds of sloths, monkeys, frogs on the wagon tour and lots a birds, et al on the boat tour. Well worth the money!

We SORT OF did this....

we booket through Charlie Soto to go Ziplining. In order to go ZL, you have to ride the tractor/wagon up the mountain at the Cedar Ranch. Its a nice place, and the ZL was awesome. I dont know if i would go for just the tractor ride. We had a group of 15,. 6 of us got off to go on the ZL, and the others kept going. It is a nice facility.

hope this helps.

Thanks! My parents decided to book this excursion anyway through the cruiseline. They are 71 and 72 and want to see the rainforest, but not zipping through the trees! Too old for that and mother has a fear of heights anyway, so the aerial tram was going to be a no go too. It sounded nice and my mother wanted to see the rainforest if she was getting all the way to Costa Rica. They are too nervous to do private tours, which seem to offer much more but what can you do, so they were sort of limited in their selection. I noticed the disclaimers on the celebrity website for this tour and it puzzled me as you are really just sitting in a wagon being pulled by a tractor. Was it because it was really bumpy going through the forest? It didn't seem that extreme of an excursion! I'm glad they will see wildlife, which is what they want to see.

It was fairly bumpy, it is a dirt road up the mountain, in a wagon pulled by a farm tractor. Its probably better that they use the cruiseline, its a bit of a madhouse outside the gate.

we did see some wild life, sloths, frogs, birds. they say monkey are usually only early in the day.

It was fairly bumpy, it is a dirt road up the mountain, in a wagon pulled by a farm tractor. Its probably better that they use the cruiseline, its a bit of a madhouse outside the gate.

we did see some wild life, sloths, frogs, birds. they say monkey are usually only early in the day.

Thanks! Sounds like this will be a good fit for them. I'll tell them to be prepared for a bumpy ride. They are doing the early time slot of the excursion in the morning, so hopefully they will see some monkeys. Sounds like they wil see some wildlife regardless.

Archived