Shopping tips for Baltics cruise

I'm curious about shopping in the Baltics ports. Any areas in particular to seek out - or to avoid? Any items that are unique? I"m not really looking for anything in particular. Just something either for myself or a gift that's a nice remembrance of the cruise at a fair price.

I've read about the sweater wall in Tallinn.

Thanks!

Shopping is a very personal thing. What one likes, others do not, It is hard to tell you what is good and bad.

But, for the most part, many people seem to think buying Nesting Dolls in St Petersburg is the thing to do. We bought several sets as gifts. You can also get them in Tallinn.

St Petersburg is the highlite of these cruises. Not that many people have been to Russia, so any typical Russian/Soviet type souvenir is a welcome addition. Hats are a big purchase, as well as some good Russian Vodka.

Many people also feel Tallinn is the best place to buy Amber.

To each his own.

Check out this web site for more details.

http://www.buckettripper.com/what-to-buy-in-the-baltic-souvenir-shopping-on-a-baltic-sea-cruise/

Cheers

Len

I'm not sure where you live, however if you are a northerner like me there are wonderful winter souvenirs you can get like handmade mittens at Talinn port just as you leave or board the ship... There are several kiosks to look at. There are also lovely kitchen linens. My most favourite souvenir was a fur headband from Russia.

I'm not sure where you live, however if you are a northerner like me there are wonderful winter souvenirs you can get like handmade mittens at Talinn port just as you leave or board the ship... There are several kiosks to look at. There are also lovely kitchen linens. My most favourite souvenir was a fur headband from Russia.
I think it will be kitchen linens for us in Tallin -- we tend towards much lighter winter wear in New Mexico.

I feel that Tallinn is the best place for shopping. You can find very pretty hand-made hats, scarves and sweaters at the Sweater Wall. Tallinn is also a great place to buy amber.

Even though St. Petersburg is also a good place for shopping, you may be too busy sightseeing, since there are so many "must sees."

I feel that Tallinn is the best place for shopping. You can find very pretty hand-made hats, scarves and sweaters at the Sweater Wall. Tallinn is also a great place to buy amber.

Even though St. Petersburg is also a good place for shopping, you may be too busy sightseeing, since there are so many "must sees."

I'm having a hard time getting my head around buying nesting dolls in Tallinn!

Archived