Loyalty tier points

Keira1090

Does anybody know if you can gain loyalty points on Princess that could be carried over to P&O to count towards overall loyalty...

Have got 490 points with P&O - due to sail on Princess in 2016 for 13 nights

P&O stopped this some years ago. :(

I believe you can still use your P&O loyalty points towards the Princess loyalty scheme. :)

Does anybody know if you can gain loyalty points on Princess that could be carried over to P&O to count towards overall loyalty...

Go now on to the Princess Web Site and register. You do not need to have cruised with them you may need your peninsula number. You are then given a Princess loyalty grade. We are elite and we have only seen Princess ships from a distance.

How do you get bonus points? Anyone know?

The only bonus points I have known were these given to Portunus members who had been part of the POSH club we got 100 points. That was over 10 years ago.

Thank you, I didn't have an account so I signed up and it gave me a break down of all the cruises and nights spent on board and how many points ive got! Some are from the old scheme, some from princess and some from when I cruised as a child! So I have points from all sorts of different rules lol! Interesting to see so thank you!

The reciprocal arrangement between P&O and Princess on loyalty ceased in 2000 as far as I recall. At that time; if you sailed on a Princess Cruise you were awarded Portunus points at half the normal rate i.e. 5 points per night. Sailing on Princess Cruise Line currently has no benefits to your P&O loyalty status.

Strangely the converse is true and that sailing on a P&O cruise generates Princess Loyalty credits. They score differently under their scheme known as The Captains Circle and for each P&O CRUISE you take you get 1 cruise credit you also get the number of days registered as a score. The levels on Princess go by either the number of days sailed or the number of cruise credits you have amassed. Top level is 16+ cruise credits or 150+ days at sea. Whichever happens first gets you qualified to the next level. It is more complex than this with the rules but this is how P&O relates.

Regards John

daiB

I`ve done as you instructed - thank you

My Princess features cruises I`ve sailed on and up and coming cruises

Thank you all x

2009 Arcadia

2012 Azura

2012 Azura

2013 Ventura

2013 Azura

2015 Britannia

Princess Levels go:

Blue 1st cruise (not part of Captains Circle)

Gold 2nd/3rd cruise or up to 30 days cruising

Ruby 4th/5th cruise or 31 to 49 days cruising

Platinum 6th/15th cruise or 50 to 149 days cruising

Elite 16th+ cruise or 150+ days cruising

It is not clear if you get your level before your first actual Princess Cruise or whether you get the award after that with the history being advised to the Princess Cruise Line.

I should phone Carnival House to clarify and inquire if I were you as it appears from your statistics you could well be Platinum with preferred boarding at Southampton. I got this and you can bypass all the letter groups or go more or less straight to check in.

Your cruise history will then appear on their website under the "cruise personaliser" or "My Princess" as it is the Princess version. The details may already be there, have you looked under the Dawn booking? Future cruises should also be listed so Dawn - Braitannia and Britannia as that appears to be a two-dayer b2b attracting 2 points.

Log in on the Princess website; click - MY PRINCESS then MY PROFILE then CRUISE HISTORY. If it is void of previous cruises definately phone and enquire.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

The reciprocal arrangement between P&O and Princess on loyalty ceased in 2000 as far as I recall. At that time; if you sailed on a Princess Cruise you were awarded Portunus points at half the normal rate i.e. 5 points per night. Sailing on Princess Cruise Line currently has no benefits to your P&O loyalty status.

Strangely the converse is true and that sailing on a P&O cruise generates Princess Loyalty credits. They score differently under their scheme known as The Captains Circle and for each P&O CRUISE you take you get 1 cruise credit you also get the number of days registered as a score. The levels on Princess go by either the number of days sailed or the number of cruise credits you have amassed. Top level is 16+ cruise credits or 150+ days at sea. Whichever happens first gets you qualified to the next level. It is more complex than this with the rules but this is how P&O relates.

Regards John

Sorry John the link did not stop in 2000 as the Portunus Club only started in 2003/4. Our first cruises had the POSH Club, for which you paid a yearly fee. When it changed to Portunus you started from 0 but if you had been in the POSH club you got 100 points but it did not matter how many cruises you had been on. The link with Princess stopped about that time remember up until the merger P&O owned Princess. You are correct that your Princess cruises counted half points per night.

I know it was after 2000 as I was cruising when it happened and we did not start until 2001.

We are Elite on Princess having only previously completed one 7 day cruise with them in 2007. We have just completed our 2nd cruise with Princess but registered with them before we went and found we were Elite and got some good worthwhile perks

250 mins free internet each

Free Laundry as many times as required, ideal for the fly cruise we did

Free Mini Bar in Room

Free Winetasting event - one each week.

Priority Embark and debark

Priority tenders - no tickets or queueing

A good tip for anyone going on Princess is to buy some OBC before you leave to cover your ship spend as they give a really good exchange rate, better than the conversion rate at the end of the cruise. Also tips can be pre-purchased at the same exhange rate as the OBC.

What a rip off the Portunis club is. I have just checked on the site and our first cruise was in 2003 on Oriana and we took another 6 to 2011 giving us 1045 points, but it seems we don't get that number credited as they have only given us 175 points.

For 7 cruises that's a rip off. How can they just rub out all that loyalty?

David.

David,

It used to be that if you did not cruise for three years, then your points were halved, but this was changed about four or five years ago and now your points remain indefinitely.

I suggest you log on to your P&O account and you can see all your previous cruises listed under "your cruises"

If you have any missing, then give them the dates or booking reference if known and they will add them.

If you dont have a P&O account, then register for one and it should pick them up.

My first cruise was in 2004 and it goes back to then so I think your 2003 cruises onwards should all be listed.

Brian

Edited by BrianI

David,

It used to be that if you did not cruise for three years, then your points were halved, but this was changed about four or five years ago and now your points remain indefinitely.

QUOTE]

Thank Brian, yes We do have an account and it's a long time since I looked at it so I was not aware of the former halving of points. In fact we have not had a three year absence from P&O since our first one and even if we had half of our points would be a lot more than we have been given,

We are off soon on QM2 from Liverpool so will leave this until our return and chase this up then.

Incidentally Cunard credit us every trip from our first in 2000 on QE2 and we seemed to get the top grade Diamond much more quickly than with P&O.

David.

You will get credit back to at least 2000. We did our first P&O cruise on Aurora in its inaugural season. For various reasons we didn't go on P&O again until 2008 but our 9 days on Aurora are still showing on our account. We have never been on Princess but might look at it as we would be platinum. Does anyone know the benefits at that level?

What a rip off the Portunis club is. I have just checked on the site and our first cruise was in 2003 on Oriana and we took another 6 to 2011 giving us 1045 points, but it seems we don't get that number credited as they have only given us 175 points.

For 7 cruises that's a rip off. How can they just rub out all that loyalty?

David.

You do know it is the Peninsula Club? You CP as David says will show all your cruises. The error possibly happened a long time ago and because you have never looked it was missed.