Booked Early Saver, Can I ...

stoddaj1

With Early Saver you have a cabin assigned, and any price match must be to the same cabin category. Since Fun Saver is a guarantee to a class of cabins (inside, oceanview, balcony, suite) and not a category, there is nothing to match to. So no, you cannot match to a Fun Saver rate.

[Edit] Just saw Ladybug75's response and while I am surprised, if she has done it, I bow to her experience.

You can't directly ES price-match to FunSaver (guarantee) - but if you're booked ES and the Guantee rate for the category above your ES category drops below your ES rate, you can generally give-up your assigned ES cabin for a Guarantee Cabin in that higher category and get OBC for the difference and stay Early Saver. Some have reported success in holding onto their assigned cabin and still getting OBC - others have had to give-up their cabin. ken

I was able to do a price match to Fun Saver last week. It was only $10, but hey, it's $10! I just filled out the form and selected OBC, and pasted a link to the Fare Viewer page.

I have a screen shot of the Fare Viewer, but the thumbnail is too small to see anything. But I was able to price match.

Hope this helps!

With Early Saver you have a cabin assigned, and any price match must be to the same cabin category. Since Fun Saver is a guarantee to a class of cabins (inside, oceanview, balcony, suite) and not a category, there is nothing to match to. So no, you cannot match to a Fun Saver rate.

[Edit] Just saw Ladybug75's response and while I am surprised, if she has done it, I bow to her experience.

Yep.... Sure did. I think that drop was a $70 drop...I am up to $452 in drops for my upcoming sailing....i have submitted for every price I see. I have only been declined once.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

You are indeed correct

I lost my cabin.... but, i gained $375 in OBC. I was surprised that I lost my cabin, but here is how it happened.

The price went down, and I applied for OBC, using the Senior Rate - which did NOT have the green checkbox next to it showing that you can "choose your own cabin." When I went to Manage My Cruise a few days later, I saw that I was no longer on the Lido Deck in the prime cabin that I reserved months and months ago, but am now on the Vista Deck. I am still in the same 8-E Category, we really wanted on the Lido, but, oh well, we will have fun spending the OBC. I was going to call Carnival, but then noted that there were no more 8-E balconies on the Lido deck, so Carnival probably already sold my old cabin.

I lost my cabin.... but, i gained $375 in OBC. I was surprised that I lost my cabin, but here is how it happened.

The price went down, and I applied for OBC, using the Senior Rate - which did NOT have the green checkbox next to it showing that you can "choose your own cabin." When I went to Manage My Cruise a few days later, I saw that I was no longer on the Lido Deck in the prime cabin that I reserved months and months ago, but am now on the Vista Deck. I am still in the same 8-E Category, we really wanted on the Lido, but, oh well, we will have fun spending the OBC. I was going to call Carnival, but then noted that there were no more 8-E balconies on the Lido deck, so Carnival probably already sold my old cabin.

That's a bummer!!! I guess it depends on who reviews your early save.....well...more drinks for you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

get the rate drop for funsaver and keep my balcony cabin? Or will I be at the mercy of the cabin assigner in order to get this rate which is $100 less?

Carnival's "procedure" for ES price-matching to "Guarantee" bookings is that if rate for the Guarantee Category (OV, BL, ST) above your ES Category falls below your current ES rate, you can give-up your assigned ES cabin for a TBD guarantee cabin in the higher category, and get OBC for the difference and you stay Early Saver. Some have reported success in not having to give-up their cabin, others have had to give-up their cabin.

ken

Archived