What was your first NCL ship?

Susie51

NCL Sea in 2002 at 42,000 tons, it was small. We had a great room though an inside suite with no balcony, but windows all around.

I get it how we feel 42,000 tons is small nowadays. I remember my training cruise on the Training Vessel State of Maine in '87. I felt that ship was so big back then at 533' long 13,500 tons.

No room had a balcony, some had portholes.

Off subject, but I could not help but smile remembering this.

Back then (1987 cruise) we would store all the trash in plastic bags at the fantail (stern, aft) while in port. When we went to sea we would throw the trash overboard and do shooting practice with rifles and hand guns. It was good times.

At sea too, in the dish room were we washed the dishes, pots and pans ,there was a passage about 2' wide (could dump pretty big stuff) that we scrapped the utensils off and the food went right out into the ocean. Some times you would open the hatch to scrap a dish and a wave would travel up the passage pipe and blast out water like a guyser all over the room. Great times there too.

Edited by NH Cruisers

NCL Crown to Bermuda. I think it was one of the last cruise ships to go to all 3 stops: Front Street, St. George, and Dockyards. It was a nice cruise, but that amazing cruise on the Spirit to Canada/NE a few years later really made an NCL believer out of me.