Dream Cat 6N cabins (5 person w/ 2 baths)

smuggs

Has anyone stayed in the category 6n cabins? My wife, myself and our 3 kids are thinking of going on the halloween sailing this year. our kids will be 9, 7 and 3 at the time. how tight a squeeze would this be? should we just try to get connecting cabins instead?

really? Based on the pricing that I've been seeing/getting, it would be $2500 - $2500 for the 6N and $3000 - $3500 for two connecting outsides. I would need the connecting cabins because of the young age of my kids (9,7,3). I've gotten pricing from a variety of sources. If there's a way to get two cabins for less than the one, I'm all ears

Haven't stayed in one, but found that they were charging a premium for those rooms. You could get 2 ocean views for much cheaper...

YMMV

I find that hard to believe. The first two people in a cabin pay the same, but 3rd, 4th, and 5th are at reduced rated.

I have not stayed in one but have seen them. Just so you know - I don't believe the two twins can be combined into one when five sleep in the cabin. So two twin beds, a single convertible sofa and two uppers are the sleeping arrangements.

The two bathrooms are not two full baths. There is one standard bathroom with a shower and a second "bath"room with a mini-tub/shower and a basin (no toilet).

sarg - thanks. I was thinking that the twins don't go together, which is probably the show stopper. do regular cabins have just a shower or do they have a mini tub? thinking bathing a 3 year old would be easier with a tub vs. shower

I just stayed in a 6n this past week on the dream. It is an awesome room and lots of space, but for 5 people it would be real tight. The two bathrooms are great, but it is a VERY small tub that is really more of a shower with high walls. We loved it but it was just my wife and I. We were able to get ready at the same time with no problems

they do have a picture on the Carnival web site, just have to click thru to the Deluxe ocean view room...

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/ships/carnival_dream/staterooms.htm

they just dont have the other bed that comes down from the ceiling shown but you can see where it comes down over one of the twins which is why you can't push the two beds together.

We stayed in 2667 last week and loved it. We had 4 people, however. It was tight ( my girls are 13 so had lots of clothes ). There was a lot of storage space, I was pleasantly surprised. And, we LOVED the split bath. I'd think with younger kids, if you didn't mind the chaos, you could all squeeze in. I, however, am seriously considering moving the girls out of my room for our next cruise.

tammy - thanks. i'm sure any way we do it, it will be chaotic. one of the issues that I can see with the 6N is that my wife and I will be in separate beds....not exactly how i'd like to celebrate a 15 year anniversary....then again, we could always find a night to have the kids stay in camp carnival until the wee hours of the morning. :D

I remember reading a review of this room, and it had pictures of the beds. They were able to put the two singles together, and then had the ladder of the upper bed going on the side of the upper berth. This would probably work fine for a small child, a larger one would not fit between the two upper berths though.

"hobbit" - I was thinking that we could just remove the one ladder and have my 9 year old climb over the gap to get in and if we have the king bed set up, he could slide himself down onto that to get off.

I really like the idea of 2 separate (connected) cabins, but at about $900 more (plus the likelihood that the kids will still try to be in "our room") that it's not worth the extra $$....we could put that toward extra excursions, drinks....or even a weekend away for just ourselves.

alternatively, i'm thinking of checking out the Valor and getting 2 connecting cabins.

Archived