Prisendam cabin selection tips please

Miss Jolly

Hello. What selection suggestions would you make for a balcony cabin for Prisendam's January 2014 Fort Lauderdale roundtrip cruise around South America and Antactica please?

What I don't like about the balconies on Prinsendam is that they are above and below public areas. I would choose the area that would be the quietest.

There have been many complaints of vibration and noise in the AB category cabins on the aft portion of Prinsendam. These are the cabins HAL added to the original layout during an extended re-fit. They also do not have the walk-in closets and are not covered at all from the sun (which may be a plus to you). Good luck in deciding and enjoy your cruise. :)

There have been many complaints of vibration and noise in the AB category cabins on the aft portion of Prinsendam. These are the cabins HAL added to the original layout during an extended re-fit. They also do not have the walk-in closets and are not covered at all from the sun (which may be a plus to you). Good luck in deciding and enjoy your cruise. :)

ditto Rich's remarks - those are the only ones with issues.

If you want a regular verandah - one I have heard really nice things about is 120 (or the same cabin on the opposite side) give it a shot. The verandah has a very small bend and did look larger. :) It's our favourite ship - I hope it is yours too:D

We were in A verandah 153 for the 23 day Amazon Explorer in December. It was midship, very quiet and had a bath tub.:) The verandah sliding door was removed and a new track installed for us, so the door is easy to open. We overlooked a lifeboat (but not a tender) which was not a problem. We liked the location.

Karen

You are one fortunate cruiser to be considering the two I read here your interested in. January on the Amsterdam and in Feb. the Prinsendam and the what great cruises. WOW.

Thanks everyone for your wonderful help. At this stage we are just looking into cruises for the future.We will not be taking BOTH of them.:p

Archived