First time Cruiser!

Hi everyone! My name is Gina and I am excited to have booked my first ever cruise for this August on the NCL Star (NY to Bermuda).

I am a Disney addict and have been to Disney World more times than I can count but my husband BANNED Disney from me until we explore other places (even banned Disney cruise for the first one LOL). So this is a big trip for me. We're so excited to be on a ship and to see Bermuda!!!

This forum is so full of information, I am excited to learn more!

Hi everyone! My name is Gina and I am excited to have booked my first ever cruise for this August on the NCL Star (NY to Bermuda).

I am a Disney addict and have been to Disney World more times than I can count but my husband BANNED Disney from me until we explore other places (even banned Disney cruise for the first one LOL). So this is a big trip for me. We're so excited to be on a ship and to see Bermuda!!!

This forum is so full of information, I am excited to learn more!

Hi Gina....You are going to love Bermuda. One of my favorite places in the whole world. FYI Do not book any excursions. This is an Island that you can do everything on your own. We will all be glad to answer any questions you may have. Are you in port for 2 or 3 days.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

The best place for NCL info is the NCL board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=107

Here is the master list of boards:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/index.php

so you can look at the Ports boards, Roll Call boards, and anything else that interests you.

Hi Gina....You are going to love Bermuda. One of my favorite places in the whole world. FYI Do not book any excursions. This is an Island that you can do everything on your own. We will all be glad to answer any questions you may have. Are you in port for 2 or 3 days.

Thanks!!!!

We'll be in port for 3 days! I figured it'd be nice not to rush!

We were thinking we could do most on our own so that's good to hear. Only excursion we thought about was a catamaran/snorkel.... is there a way to book that without paying a premium?

We're so excited. We booked a balcony too so that sould be great!

Thanks!!!!

We'll be in port for 3 days! I figured it'd be nice not to rush!

We were thinking we could do most on our own so that's good to hear. Only excursion we thought about was a catamaran/snorkel.... is there a way to book that without paying a premium?

We're so excited. We booked a balcony too so that sould be great!

http://www.analunaadventures.com/brochure/index.html

When you pull in port, there will be a stand with tons of brochures and information. I have read good things about this company.

Gina, I would reccommend that you JOIN YOUR ROLL CALL for your sailing. NCL treats Cruise Critic members very well and if a Meet & Greet is planned you will have a great time meeting senior staff members.

ALSO by joining your roll call you can meet up with some people who will be on your sailing. There might also be the opportunity to join in private tours or excursions with others who are looking to fill a van/tour for much less than you'd pay at the ShoreEx desk on board.

Have a wonderful time, NCL is great that there is no assigned dining time so you don't have to worry about getting back on board to eat dinner at a certain time.

Hi Gina and welcome aboard. Ask anything you can think of, we all will help you anyway we can. Pack about half of the clothes you think you will need. Bring motion sickness meds just in case you need them. Join your ships roll call, you will meet a few people on your ship before you cruise.

How fun! I was just thinking of Bermuda a little bit ago when I looked at my handblown glass bird from the Dockyard Glassworks. I also have a necklace from there and I'd love to go back to visit Bermuda and that particular tourist attraction. Hope you have a blast.

Archived