Coco Cay / Royal Caribbean

scoochy12

This will be our first time to Coco Cay. Please share your experiences. How does it work? Tender off ship - then is everything on the island owned and operated by Royal? Are beach loungers free? The BBQ lunch I keep reading about? Where does the tram take you to? What is the price? Besides beach and water sports, is there anything else to do? Walking trail? I know a lot of questions....thank you in advance!!!

Yes...it's just like being on the ship, but on a beautiful beach! Drinks are charged to your seapass...if you have a drink package, it works there, too!

Loungers are free and included....if there are none where you want them, move some! Easy

If you can walk, you don't need a tram. Coco Cay isn't huge....it's easy to walk any and everywhere.

The BBQ lunch comes from the ship. Chicken, burgers, dogs, salads (both leafy and potatoey), beans, fruit, etc....lemonade is included as is ice water. You can buy sodas and booze just like on the ship. Yes...there is a walking trail, if you wish.

There is no price for any of the above mentioned. If you want to do Waverunners, or parasailing, or snorkeling excursion, that will cost you...but it's in NO WAY needed to have a wonderful, relaxing beach day on a beautiful island!

Yes...it's just like being on the ship, but on a beautiful beach! Drinks are charged to your seapass...if you have a drink package, it works there, too!

Loungers are free and included....if there are none where you want them, move some! Easy

If you can walk, you don't need a tram. Coco Cay isn't huge....it's easy to walk any and everywhere.

The BBQ lunch comes from the ship. Chicken, burgers, dogs, salads (both leafy and potatoey), beans, fruit, etc....lemonade is included as is ice water. You can buy sodas and booze just like on the ship. Yes...there is a walking trail, if you wish.

There is no price for any of the above mentioned. If you want to do Waverunners, or parasailing, or snorkeling excursion, that will cost you...but it's in NO WAY needed to have a wonderful, relaxing beach day on a beautiful island!

Thanks for the information. I really appreciate it!

• 3 months later...

I LOVE Cocoa Cay!! I could spend days there. No need to do any excursions & plenty of free lounge chairs and trees to sit under for shade. I was surprised how good the BBQ lunch was, one of the best meals on our last cruise. We're going again this weekend and I can't wait!:D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hate to sound a sour note, but I really hate coco cay. The water is reedy and grassy, the facilities need upgrading badly, and the beach is not large enough not to get overcrowded. Labadee is far superior on the Royal line, and both Princess Cay and -- my personal favorite Half Moon Cay, with the most beautiful beach of soft white sand and extraordinary clear turquoise water -- are both heads and tails above coco cay.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums