Cruise packing list

Veeranie

Hi everyone! Is there a good packing list for first time cruisers? Thanks in advance :)

If the search function is working you can find several packing lists. However you'd have to tweak them to fit your needs.

For example, lots of cruisers insist you need an over-the-door shoe rack to hold miscellaneous items like sunscreen etc. However, personally I don't use one at all. I use a toiletry kit, and the top drawer.

I take duct tape for a variety of reasons, and have used it, but most cruisers don't and have never needed it.

I take a highlighter for marking activities that interest me in daily newsletter.

Many cruisers do not.

I've made up a first aid kit with bandaids, Bacitracin, cold pills, cough syrup, aspirin, Imodium. But many cruisers see this as superfluous.

I take plenty of $ bills for tipping for room service. Some don't see any reason to tip for room service since servers get part of DSC.

I take a small sewing kit, clothes pins, zip lock bags. Others don't.

I bring a pillowcase to use as a dirty laundry bag but other cruisers might not.

Etc etc etc.

So, think of what you'd take on a land vacation and you'll have a packing list.

Just make sure you take plenty of sunscreen, no matter what your destination is.

If you google cruise packing list, you'll come up with a ton of them. One that I like is eagle creek's packing list http://www.eaglecreek.com/travel-tips-packing-lists/general-packing-list because it has a reminder of the things you need to do at home before you leave.

Binoculars are one of the first non-clothing items on my packing list. There's always something, whether sea life, ships, shore line, interesting people (:o), etc that you want to see closer. We also love Boca Clips to keep our towels from blowing off the loungers. We take a pop-up hamper to keep the dirty clothes off the floor and we have found that the shoe holder that goes on the outside of the bathroom door helps keep our cabin neat and organized for cruise longer than a week. Beyond that, just think of the things that make you comfortable when you are away from home.:)

I would guess this would be on at least some people's packing lists, but if you're taking battery operated items, such as a night light, flashlight, or travel alarm, make sure you have fresh batteries. Batteries can be a bit pricey on the ship. Also, if you have items with rechargeable batteries, such as a camera, iPod, or laptop, don't forget the chargers.:)

Archived