Video of Queen Victoria and QE2 in Rotterdam

Neilius

I thought you may be interested in this composite video of the views from the bridges of QV and QE2 as Victoria entered the Port of Rotterdam.

Thank you again, sir, that, too, was really neat. But I have to say every time I see a message from you I think of your sailboat that sank, and I just want to say how sorry I am for that. Only mean people should have sinking boats, not you. x

Thank you again, sir, that, too, was really neat. But I have to say every time I see a message from you I think of your sailboat that sank, and I just want to say how sorry I am for that. Only mean people should have sinking boats, not you. x

Thanks for the kind words, Angela.

It was partly my fault I think. I should have supervised the work on her more. Owning a ship of any size is like being in a relationship - they both suffer when neglected.

The silver lining in all this is that the insurance company paid me out, so Myuna II is indirectly funding some of our cruises now, and I no longer have to pay the exhorbitant marina fees :)

I'll write a blog article about her one day - there are a lot of funny stories that need to be told.

Thanks for the kind words, Angela.

It was partly my fault I think. I should have supervised the work on her more. Owning a ship of any size is like being in a relationship - they both suffer when neglected.

The silver lining in all this is that the insurance company paid me out, so Myuna II is indirectly funding some of our cruises now, and I no longer have to pay the exhorbitant marina fees :)

I'll write a blog article about her one day - there are a lot of funny stories that need to be told.

I remember you managed to make the original story pretty funny, but! poignant. My heart's gone out to you ever since. ;)

So! Are you saying you're getting another boat?

I remember you managed to make the original story pretty funny, but! poignant. My heart's gone out to you ever since. ;)

So! Are you saying you're getting another boat?

Angela

I don't think so :)

Sailing is a lot of fun - but after owning a boat I am convinced that the best boat to sail is someone else's. So from now on I'll hire one for a few days if I feel the need to go for a sail. Thankfully, here in Brisbane there are a lot of bareboat charter companies within a couple of hours drive.

That way, I get to sail her, and they get to pay the registration, insure her, paint her and fix her up. That seems pretty fair to me!

Neil

Angela

I don't think so :)

Sailing is a lot of fun - but after owning a boat I am convinced that the best boat to sail is someone else's. So from now on I'll hire one for a few days if I feel the need to go for a sail. Thankfully, here in Brisbane there are a lot of bareboat charter companies within a couple of hours drive.

That way, I get to sail her, and they get to pay the registration, insure her, paint her and fix her up. That seems pretty fair to me!

Neil

So when Paulie (Piton1) and I eventually make our way to Australia, we can all get together, with or without a sailboat? :)

So when Paulie (Piton1) and I eventually make our way to Australia, we can all get together, with or without a sailboat? :)

That would be lovely.

My MSN contact info is in my profile.

We have a large contingent of enthusiastic CC'ers in Brisbane who are always eager for an excuse to get down to the cruise terminal to meet new friends.

Either let me know, or post a message in the "P&O Australia" board when you know your arrival date and I'm sure we can organize something.

That would be lovely.

My MSN contact info is in my profile.

We have a large contingent of enthusiastic CC'ers in Brisbane who are always eager for an excuse to get down to the cruise terminal to meet new friends.

Either let me know, or post a message in the "P&O Australia" board when you know your arrival date and I'm sure we can organize something.

Mind, we probably won't get over there for a few years, but enough advance warning can't be bad, right? ;)

Please advise:

Does the first sentence, (9 words) require 4 comma's. Do you realize that is 1 comma for every 2.25 words--I was better in math then (than) English.:D

JOEL! I would advise against parsing text with these folks...as, first, they're probably right more than I, and certainly more thanYOU! And, second, you might sail with them some day soon, and I'll not be held responsible for the canapes lobbed at your open collared shirt during cocktails! Therefore:

Sir, I, Andrew, ask, simply and directly, that, should you wish to dine with us, that, immediately, you, the instigator, apologize!!!! (TO my count, 11 commas in 21 words, not a bad ratio!, although I think there's an extra "that" in there, thus...eh, whatever.):D

Congrats on the booking! And if I've hurt your feelings, drown your sorrows in some of the wine we sent on.....

Angela, he's really a dear...

Please advise:

Does the first sentence, (9 words) require 4 comma's. Do you realize that is 1 comma for every 2.25 words--I was better in math then (than) English.:D

I see one comma that may not belong or may be unnecessary. However, your use of the apostrophe in "comma's" cannot be tolerated. If you will remove your inappropriate apostrophe I will remove the extra comma, sir.

I think if we join forces your math and my English will enable us to get a head-start on world domination. But you have to tell me if Hubble likes you...:p

JOEL! I would advise against parsing text with these folks...as, first, they're probably right more than I, and certainly more thanYOU! And, second, you might sail with them some day soon, and I'll not be held responsible for the canapes lobbed at your open collared shirt during cocktails! Therefore:

Sir, I, Andrew, ask, simply and directly, that, should you wish to dine with us, that, immediately, you, the instigator, apologize!!!! (TO my count, 11 commas in 21 words, not a bad ratio!, although I think there's an extra "that" in there, thus...eh, whatever.):D

Congrats on the booking! And if I've hurt your feelings, drown your sorrows in some of the wine we sent on.....

That's just what I thought. And funny, too. Wish I could think of things to say that need lots of commas. :)

That's just what I thought. And funny, too. Wish I could think of things to say that need lots of commas. :)

Angela, then you could go on to be a "commatator" (as compared to a commentator)

I'm starting to get fair to middling at that geography game. Maybe we could start a "Scholarly group" here on the boards?

NAH!!!

As her quivering lips met his, and her eyelashes fluttered softly on his sweating cheek, Dr Robbins reflected, "I didn't realize she had upper dentures . . . in fact, her slippery plastic palate reminds me of going down a waterslide that hasn't been properly chlorinated, as evidenced by the distinct nitrous and sulfurous emanations, or could it be sinus trouble?"

As her quivering lips met his, and her eyelashes fluttered softly on his sweating cheek, Dr Robbins reflected, "I didn't realize she had upper dentures . . . in fact, her slippery plastic palate reminds me of going down a waterslide that hasn't been properly chlorinated, as evidenced by the distinct nitrous and sulfurous emanations, or could it be sinus trouble?"

This sounds like a winner of that writing contest--the one where the worst opening line/paragraph gets first prize.

This sounds like a winner of that writing contest--the one where the worst opening line/paragraph gets first prize.

Ah, yes!

"It was a dark and Stormy night..."

http://www.bulwer-lytton.com/

Maybe we could start with this and HS, and do one of those pass-along novels where a different writer does each chapter and takes it in the direction he or she desires, even if totally 180 degrees from the style or direction of the previous chapter's author.

Like Naked Came the Manatee, and the even older, book after which it was fashioned, with such literary luminaries as Agatha Christie.

http://www.amazon.com/Naked-Came-Manatee-Carl-Hiaasen/dp/0449001245

Naked Came the Stranger was the original "collaborative title" written for entirely different reasons:

http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/Hoaxipedia/Naked_Came_The_Stranger/

So maybe we write the Serial Collaborative Cruise Critic Novel

Cruise Party- Chapter 1

HS-chapter 2

Nom de Plume (a perfectly fitting name, IMHO!) Chapter 3

Wadadli-Chapter 4

Patwell- Chapter 5

PepperN=chapter 6

Who else?

We have some great writers here.

Of course, it might be titled The Lady in Cobalt-

What's the title of the World Cruise one?

Karie,

Just up the road a piece from the little town of Cobalt, Connecticut!

Angela! Love the new avatar...or has my mind been muddled by dog fur, and it's been there for a while?

Andrew

It's new! I have loads of cat pictures--if Sir Martin ever needs to call in reinforcements, I've got them. ;)

Archived